Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

getting music from itunes

Started by tipsy, November 30, 2010, 08:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipsy

Hi all. I'm new here and I've found some older posts about the process of moving music from itunes files into e-touch files and I wondered if anyone knows if this is still the way to do it? The older posts are from 2009. Can anyone walk me through the best way?
I will be moving several thousand songs from my main computer to a seperate computer to use with my e-touch. So that may or may not present the oppurtunity to make this transfer easier.
Thanks!
Jeff

Barcrest

If these are DRM'd songs you will not be able to do it easilly as you will need to remove the DRM from them and we don't talk about that here.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

tipsy

Thanks for the quick reply Barcrest. I coudn't get any replies in the general discussion forum. I don't know what "DRM" is. Almost all of my itunes music is from my own cd's. Very little is purchased from itunes. Some of it is from Limewire which is no longer operating. A couple songs are from other sellers from before I used itunes. Does that help? Basically I am just looking for help in knowing which procedure to use for cleaning up and tagging and adding artwork and all that. I have read some of the forums and I've read the tutorials and manuals that Kizer wrote. Sometimes too much informatiion can get confusing so I thought I'd ask for help from the forum, surely someone has been in my situation. Years of using itunes and then finding your fabulous software and wanting to change over without having to pull out hundreds of cd's again.
Thanks!
Jeff

Barcrest

Personally I have never used iTunes as I have been doing this since before that even existed. I think the best way to re-organize you music will be using something like media monkey so it will sort all the files out so they are in seperate directories for each album as i don't think you will have them like this already. You might be better off searching on the web for an easy way of doing this, Sorry I can't be more help but as I say i have never used iTunes.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

tipsy

No problem man. I saw mention of media monkey and several other free software downloads to use for sorting and tagging etc. I just wanted to check and see if anybody who did use itunes could chime in here and walk me through what worked for them. I guess since I'll be moving all these songs to a separate computer I can set it up with E-Touch and sort the music with media monkey etc. to make it all "new"  files that way.
Even now without album artwork etc. I'm lovin' your software.
Thanks Again!
Jeff