News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Here is the tool to make your songs facts databases.

Started by Barcrest, August 14, 2007, 10:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

You can have 5 facts per song and i included a couple to get you started. I grabbed these from wikipedia...

I do RECOMMEND you back up frequently as this does have a few bugs in and you don't want to loose information. I am releasing this in the hope you will all share your songfact information and we can build a much larger databse.

The guys over at www.songfacts.com have said we can use a small selection of their songs and i am going to release this in the next week or so through their site. May i request you do not share facts on this site you have copied from there. Wikipedia seems a great source for a lot of the info so i suggest we start there.

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jacktucky

kizer

I was actually looking into a database so we could enter the data via a form and it would dump it into a .dat file for using and downloading. However, I started it and haven't really moved far on it. Just an idea unless somebody beats me to it. ;)

Barcrest. Question for you. If you dont use their database and we use our own wouldn't it be called "Freebox Faqs"? Or are you using some app that is theirs?
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Well yes it can be freebox facts but the facts are still songfacts. I am looking at adding support to skin the song facts strip so the right logo will come up depending on where the fact came from.

Jukebox Stats...

chablis97

Guys,
As I said in my separate post, Barry asked me whether I am willing to maintain our own Freebox database with contributions from the Freebox community.  I'm happy to do this.
Cheers

Barcrest

Well i will try and work on the tool over the weekend as i have my laptop with me loaded up with the latest source code.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Quote from: chablis97 on August 17, 2007, 09:29:38 AM
Guys,
As I said in my separate post, Barry asked me whether I am willing to maintain our own Freebox database with contributions from the Freebox community.  I'm happy to do this.
Cheers

I dont want to sound questionable, but here goes nothing. ;)

Are you going to just do it the old fashion way and just take posts or how are you going to take the entries? I have no problem hosting the files for download if you need it. Just all the work taking the entries could get HUGE.

As well is Songfacts based on albums or is it each song per entry? I suppose you could enter an entry for each song in an album if there isn't anything unless it is song specific.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Here is an update to the tool, it now removes entries correctly. Once you have started to build a database please share on here and chablis will merge them into one central database.

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

??? question... so when i open this i simply just hit add song fact, then fill in blocks; artist, song title, up to 5 facts per title.  what then, update or merge or both?  plus the import song fact tab gave me runtime error. will i ever need to use that anyway?  i havnt actually used the songfact feature in my juke yet but havnt seen any action on this for awhile either. since im waiting for parts on my current re-build and going to be using this feature now, i may try to get some extra time over the next couple weeks to try and help build this up a little.
-is the most current .dat file the one in private releases topic: songfacts database anyone ... or did i miss it somewhere else. nevermind, i noticed there were only a few in there, i am going to start at "A" of my current collection and go from there.
-wikipedia has crazy amounts of info, i think the hardest part is going to be deciding on just what 5 facts to use!
- finally, to share can i just post a merged database from my end or what..please explain
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

casper

Quote from: draginit on October 03, 2007, 04:09:59 AM
??? question... so when i open this i simply just hit add song fact, then fill in blocks; artist, song title, up to 5 facts per title.  what then, update or merge or both?  plus the import song fact tab gave me runtime error. will i ever need to use that anyway?  i havnt actually used the songfact feature in my juke yet but havnt seen any action on this for awhile either. since im waiting for parts on my current re-build and going to be using this feature now, i may try to get some extra time over the next couple weeks to try and help build this up a little.
-is the most current .dat file the one in private releases topic: songfacts database anyone ... or did i miss it somewhere else. nevermind, i noticed there were only a few in there, i am going to start at "A" of my current collection and go from there.
-wikipedia has crazy amounts of info, i think the hardest part is going to be deciding on just what 5 facts to use!
- finally, to share can i just post a merged database from my end or what..please explain
all i did was it add song fact thats it. didn't use the update or merge. its a nice feature to have running  on your jukebox and if  you have the led sign looks cool although there are a few bugs in it at the moment. i did start to add song facts for my decades screen but only did facts on the artist not the particular song i did 1953/54 and 55 the one thing i noticed is people are more interested on older artists is when the artist was born when they died and what they died of this will obviously not be relevant when you get up to more recent decades and i will probably add songfacts for particular songs.  anyway like a idiot forgot to back them up so when i installed the new version on my juke i decided to do a fresh install and deleted everything on the computer. all the facts i added have been wiped off so you can imagine how annoyed i am (thats putting it politely) my advice is backup everytime you update the facts. i am now going to start again and would be more than happy to share the facts with anyone interested. although there seems to be a total lack of interest on what i consider a very cool feature.

casper

just been looking through forum theres more info in the private release section under songfact database anyone.. Barry it might be a idea if  you could move that over to this area. there seemed to be alot of interest in songfacts at that time from some of you. what happened?

Barcrest

Here is an updated tool. The merge button lets you add another songfacts database to your database. it doesn't check for duplicates though so i'll leave that down to you. Makes sharing the databases and adding them easier..

Jukebox Stats...

draginit

hey, just wanted to see where other people are at on their songfact collection. ive been lagging and havnt done too much. but im looking to do more about it on my upcoming vacation for the holidays....anything to stay clear of the fam. hehe.
-i'll post here again once i have a database worth sharing..
-what are other people doing for most tracks. i find myself finding just one individual fact about that specific song and mass copying the general facts for the rest. is this what you guys are doing.

kizer

Funny you should mention it. I was just looking at working on it yesterday. I have a friend that seems to have tons of useless knowledge in her head when it comes to music. I figured why not tap into it. However that means tons and tons of typing. ;)

draginit

yes indeed,   however copy and paste are my best friends whilst doing this ;)
-and wikipedia is no joke too, i can never decide which facts to choose.. sheesh. :P

-welp get crackin!  :chad ;D