Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Karaoke Music Search Mask Config

Started by slsimon, February 22, 2011, 09:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slsimon

All,

I would like a couple suggestions on best options to setup config for Karaoke CDG files.  I am running some trial configurations and am not sure how I want it to setup it up.  I have finished successfully tagging all the mp3 files.  

If I only input cdg in the search mask, I don't think that is going to work successfully because the genre and year tags are not getting read.  The date at this point is considered the date the config utility was run.  Obviously, any tagged information in the MP3 file will not be read successfully because MP3 was not in the search mask.  I don't think having both CDC and MP3 would suite, because wouldn't you have duplicate files at that point  

Last question,

I noticed in my collection, I have some straggler video files, (mpg, avi, wma) format that is also considered Karaoke music.  How should those files be setup?  Am I going to have to use the non tagger for those files in question?  

Thanks, Shane

bzpilot

Your Media File Structure Should Look Like This:

C:\.../Audio/Artist/Album/*.mp3 (track mp3 tagged correctly)

C:\.../Video/Artist/Greatest Hits/*.avi (tagged with nonmp3 tagger)

C:\.../Karaoke/Artist/Greatest Hits/*.mp3 & *.cdg (both files must reside in same directory and not zipped up, mp3 file tagged correctly)

C:\.../Radio/Radio Station Genre/*.asx (either select to use filename as tag in config or tag with nonmp3 tagger as you do videos)

You should NOT have to make any changes to the search mask, just leave it the same for each time you run the config.  Be sure to close the config each time you run it (open config run it for Audio, close config, open config run it for Video, close config, etc).  Only use Genre, Artist, and Year Library selections in config for Audio.