Wanted to rebuild our existing Juke:

Start of project:

Removing some of the existing parts:
Glass panel and the screens

Building a MDF panel to use as cover

Designing a cover

Fisished cover:

after assembly:

Credit module works, took some time and hair tearing out of the head, but it works well!

Need to do now:
Redesign the skin so it matched the panel
make the old buttons work

jukejohn

done a nice job looks realy smart but didnt it hurt a bit removing the parts
from such a nice machine
looks cool though  :beer

coffee

Wow, looks awesome Dude.............

I really like the look, gr8 job !!!

aussie8ball

Crickey! I remember when those models came out with a big price tag!
Must of been a big decision to convert. Was it buggered before you started?
At least it wasn't a original vinyl I suppose. Still!
NICE JOB!
I'm a fan of quality conversions on nice cabinets.

mebronx2000

i have that same one !!! did you use the same pc that was in it ? also what did you do with the touchscreen that was in it and the other screen !! cant believe someone would kill a machine like that mine cost over 10k wow wow looks real good though can you still use the cds any parts you have for sale ?thanks  :o :o

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

_Tommie_

It was a 100 CD Machine.

It was a big desicion to do, but, the machine had worked for 4 years, and it was a pain to change the music in it. Not so much because it was difficult but becouse of the people using the juke, and complaining 'there' song was gone. Also there were some stupid things, like looking up music on the juke was imposible, people came asking if this or that song was on there...
And it was impossible to know how many songs were in q.

I removed most of the parts, like the 2 lcd screens and the existing pc, (started to fail allready) removing the glass plate was the most diff desicion, I searched for 3 months to a solution where I could use the existing screens that were behind the glass, but that meant using the buttons only, or finding a touch solution that works thrue the glass plate. Proofed impossible because the glasse plate is concave (bended) with a non consistend radius. grrr...

So the glass plate will be for sale, had a wooden box made for protection to store it in.

Thanks Barry for a good working software solution!

Thanks for your nice comments!

Tommie

mebronx2000

the pc in mine stoped working and i sent it in and they sent my a brand new one !!! :beer