Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Freebox Loader

Started by MrSven, April 15, 2011, 08:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSven

I am busy writing a Loader program for the Freebox Jukebox program. The program will automate a lot of stuff like update music, install and activate skins, handle playlist and requests, read from .dat and .cvr files into access database for statistical analysis, and cash-ups.
If there is anything that you think I should add, remove or do differently, please let me know. When I am finished with the program(and this is when I feel its done), I will share.

eist1

If you could automate the adding of new music to the music db by ripping CD's and adding the cover art and tags to the mp3's I'm sure that would make alot of people happy here.... Welcome to the forum...

bzpilot

Compare all album artists to current fanart and and give a spreadsheet layout of needed fanart.

slsimon

Quote from: bzpilot on April 15, 2011, 08:18:49 PM
Compare all album artists to current fanart and and give a spreadsheet layout of needed fanart.

On the same line, while comparing for missed fanart, hows about also comparing for missing artists as well? 

MrSven

Thanx all for the input. The loader is going smoothly.
Barry, I have run into a little issue with the Album names. Manny of the Afrikaans albums has the ê char in it. Whenever I come across this the Jukebox doesn't recognize the character and every album after that has white album art and the songs for those albums are the same as the album with the ê.

Barcrest

Quote from: MrZedSven on May 05, 2011, 07:25:36 AM
Thanx all for the input. The loader is going smoothly.
Barry, I have run into a little issue with the Album names. Manny of the Afrikaans albums has the ê char in it. Whenever I come across this the Jukebox doesn't recognize the character and every album after that has white album art and the songs for those albums are the same as the album with the ê.

Is this a problem with using that character in the filename or in the tag?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

MrSven

Its in the tag.
We are using early versions of the loader in our company. And its almost at the point where I can release it on the forum. There is still a couple of thing that needs to be added. I am looking more towards a back office software suite that jukebox operators can use.
I'm busy with the help files for the software and will upload it by this weekend. By reading the help files you will have a fairly good idea what the software is all about.
https://skydrive.live.com/embedphoto.aspx/CoinplayLoader/untitled.JPG?cid=2a447d77443b7119&sc=photos

Barcrest

Help files... You sir have more time than I. I remeber when we had a dream of creating a manual, that went down the shitter.

Jukebox Stats...

MrSven

Quote from: Barcrest on May 05, 2011, 12:51:31 PM
Is this a problem with using that character in the filename or in the tag?

Sorry it took me so long to reply. But the problem seemed to be song titles and album titles longer than 60 chars. I was busy with other stuff and when I started again this week it just seemed so obvious.  :tommy

MrSven

I have done a bit of work this past week on the database builder app of mine. It seem to build the database perfectly, but the search function does not work.  It only shows results for audio and while typing it doesn't display the tracks above.
What do you think may be the error.

Barcrest

Quote from: MrZedSven on November 14, 2011, 06:10:20 AM
I have done a bit of work this past week on the database builder app of mine. It seem to build the database perfectly, but the search function does not work.  It only shows results for audio and while typing it doesn't display the tracks above.
What do you think may be the error.

The DB consists of 2 parts. the CVR file and the REC file. Are you creating both of those? The REC file is an alphabetical list of the tracks and the CVR is an alphetcical list of albums.

Jukebox Stats...

MrSven

Yes. Even the cvr files in the artist, year and genre folders so my quick jumps work. Its just the search function that doesn't work properly. ???

The rec file. Is it alphabetical for the track names or the artist and album names?

Barcrest

Quote from: MrZedSven on November 15, 2011, 07:04:33 AM
Yes. Even the cvr files in the artist, year and genre folders so my quick jumps work. Its just the search function that doesn't work properly. ???

So you have the rec file as well. Are both files alphabetically sorted by artist with the numbers first then the artists with A then B etc.

Jukebox Stats...

MrSven

Quote from: Barcrest on November 15, 2011, 07:42:20 AM
So you have the rec file as well. Are both files alphabetically sorted by artist with the numbers first then the artists with A then B etc.

I have the rec files as well. I have alphabetically sorted both files by artist. When I sort the rec files alphabetically by track names the search seem to go better, but only for the audio part.

When you press search on the jukebox, the search by album and artist works perfectly. With search by track the intelligent search doesn't work and if you click search it only shows audio tracks.

Barcrest

I think you are correct the REC file needs to be sorted on track name, I don't have the source with me to be 100% sure.

Jukebox Stats...