Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My First Build

Started by muzzakuzza, May 31, 2011, 02:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muzzakuzza

Hi Guys, just thought i'd share some progress pics.

I need to make some more metal castings for the top and speaker area.

barbosaa

Wow Wow Wow.  I like It!   excelent desing ! perfect! quality......i love this kind of job!  put a youtube video please

excelent plastic pilasters

put a speaker cloth fabric in front!

coffee

muzzakuzza

Thank you for the positive feedback. Had trouble powering the amp though. It's only a 350w kenwood but supplying enough amps via a 12w pc supply is tricky.

barbosaa

Muzzakuzza that would be excelent if you use a dacal power driver cd carrosel to select your music, and freejukebox software to play mp3 songs.

try to use one sound blaster 5.1 pci card.
the amp can use one car amplifier like daewood or pioner or jbl ect
on pc power supply to amp power

speaker
and one subwoofer

To power your 12V amp you can use one PC Power supply.  just make a bridge wire green (3) and black (4) to power on the pc power supply, then you can use one yellow wire + and one black wire - = 12V

aussie8ball

Brilliant! Master Craftsmen! Bravo!

muzzakuzza

It's so much more rewarding when someone else appreciates your work. thank you.

Hey thanks for the diagram Barbosaa, checked out you project and i wish i saw that before i started mine ;)

Anyways, the green and black pins are bridged, all the 12v rails are twisted and soldered to heavy duty car amp cable. Still cannot get the amps needed. I have a thermaltake 700w but it is dual railed which supports 30amps on one 12v rail and about 22amps on the second rail. Cranking the amp up causes a drop in voltage and the overload protection kicks in and shuts off the PSU. Which is good in a way i suppose. If i knew before i would have bout a single rail power supply that pumps out 50 or more amps which is more than enough for the Kenwood amp. I have put a switch on the PSU power on (Green & Black wires) so that i can reset the PSU otherwise turning of and on at power point wont get it stated after it trips. My only other option is to get a dedicated high currenct power supply which would cost about $400.

Hope my experience helps others.

caesar

WOW! Another great project that raises the bar of craftsmanship.
Beautiful Job :beer
The metal arm bands around the pilaster seams are a great touch.
What kind of lighting did you use?
What are the dimensions?
Thanks!

www.cavicchiojukebox.com

muzzakuzza

I used high intensity led strip lighting with a colour changer. I cut three strips for one side and reversed the red green blue channels to get three colours running down each side. I'll get back to you with the dimensions.

Just for the record it was you jukebox design that inspired me to build my own. I seen it posted some time ago and the only thing that stopped me building it was the difficulty I would have had was with the perspecs shaping and overall degree of intricate details. Well done!!!  

barbosaa

Quote from: muzzakuzza on June 01, 2011, 05:42:36 AM
It's so much more rewarding when someone else appreciates your work. thank you.

Hey thanks for the diagram Barbosaa, checked out you project and i wish i saw that before i started mine ;)

Anyways, the green and black pins are bridged, all the 12v rails are twisted and soldered to heavy duty car amp cable. Still cannot get the amps needed. I have a thermaltake 700w but it is dual railed which supports 30amps on one 12v rail and about 22amps on the second rail. Cranking the amp up causes a drop in voltage and the overload protection kicks in and shuts off the PSU. Which is good in a way i suppose. If i knew before i would have bout a single rail power supply that pumps out 50 or more amps which is more than enough for the Kenwood amp. I have put a switch on the PSU power on (Green & Black wires) so that i can reset the PSU otherwise turning of and on at power point wont get it stated after it trips. My only other option is to get a dedicated high currenct power supply which would cost about $400.

Hope my experience helps others.

Hi, i know what is your problem
Please try to use this :

Ground Loop Isolator

I had the same problem , my amp shut down off, when i increment volume..
and i resolve with this, its very important this item when you use a car amp and the music come in from a computer and no a car player

And try to use one of this

see video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGOVxTRJtwc

Barcrest

You can get a high wattage PC PSU quite cheap that will run a decent car amp. I don't know what size yours is but I have used a 700 watt one before without issue.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

i also have used this way and also connected the 12v to run the monitor and
yes the groundloop filter makes hell of a difference
just done a project with a 500watt with pc/amp/monitor/no probs

muzzakuzza

Thanks for the tip but the group loop isolator did not fix problem. I have been testing the amp with an ipod shuffle so there was no ground to start off with.

I have purchased a 36amp high current power supply from Jaycar and it works a treat.

aaronrose

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums. I know the threads kinda old, but  I was wondering if I could see  the pics of your Juke? They dont seem to be showing on the thread anymore.

mebronx2000

Quote from: muzzakuzza on May 31, 2011, 02:10:41 PM
Hi Guys, just thought i'd share some progress pics.

I need to make some more metal castings for the top and speaker area.

these pics are not loading ?