Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

NAMING OF MP3 FILES

Started by almaff, June 17, 2012, 12:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaff

Does anyone know why some of my albums are coming up with the atists as "VARIOUS",when clearly their names are on the files? I've looked in the albums properties and their names are right there,i've also tried changing them in e jukebox settings,but they go straight back to various after i saved them. I HOPE SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I'M SAYING,THANKS

Sparky23

The only time I have that problem is when an album with one artist sings songs featuring someone else and if the song is tagged for example like "however feat. somebody" the album will show up as various. The best way to fix that album would be to make sure the main artist is tagged all the same and in the song title say featuring the other artist. This will make it show up under the main artist if that's what your problem was.

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Sparky23 on June 17, 2012, 02:14:16 PM
The only time I have that problem is when an album with one artist sings songs featuring someone else and if the song is tagged for example like "however feat. somebody" the album will show up as various. The best way to fix that album would be to make sure the main artist is tagged all the same and in the song title say featuring the other artist. This will make it show up under the main artist if that's what your problem was.
I agree, the best way is to tag the song with the featuring artist and NOT the artist featuring the artist
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Use the multi tag feature in tag & rename to ensure the artist name matches across the album.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

almaff