Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

album art / file art

Started by corus75, September 29, 2012, 12:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corus75

is there a function for the individual song art work to display when playing, instead of the album art.

for example : album top40 singles oct12 to display the artwork for the track playing?

Thanks
Loud is not loud until the neighbours dare knock on the door!!
(even then you've got a few more hours)

acejas

short answer no - and I know where youre coming from. Its not a limitation of e-touch but the way covert art is used.
Id like the charts to show the cover art of the album rather than "billboard 2012" or "best of hits"

Just thinking ...is there a way when doing charts it can exclude best or or billboard etc?

Barcrest

Currently the only way to do this is to put each track in it's own folder with it's own image. I could add an option to display trackname & ".jpg" if availble. How many people really want this?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on October 11, 2012, 07:04:20 AM
Currently the only way to do this is to put each track in it's own folder with it's own image. I could add an option to display trackname & ".jpg" if availble. How many people really want this?

I think it's a great idea. I have many compilation CD's like this and having the original artwork show fro each track is way better imo.

Cheers,
Brad

Hitbig

There is a tag (metadata, I think you call it) for the cover.
About an option to read the album cover from a jpg (like it is right know) and also for reading the cover art from the within the song with that maintenace (not adding a jpg like the album cover needs).

Not even me understood that explanation. Sorry.

Barcrest

Where would this track cover be used? On the now playing screen only? I'm a little lost as to why this is better than the compilation album cover showing really....

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

well  what i would like to see is everything as it allready is but when it comes to playing
a track say of 60s hits -the four tops cant help myself- so displayed on the now playing screen
would be the embedded art which in my case i would use the record [single]/pic cover image
more fun and more bling  ;D

acejas

Quote from: Barcrest on October 12, 2012, 07:37:26 AM
Where would this track cover be used? On the now playing screen only? I'm a little lost as to why this is better than the compilation album cover showing really....

For instance the Billboard. So when I choose the billboard I get a "Billboard" cover.
Im starting to utilise the charts more

OT If i have a song in the billboard album and a song in the artists album, is there a way I can get the album rather than the billboard?

ecbrad

Quote from: acejas on October 19, 2012, 10:43:07 AM

For instance the Billboard. So when I choose the billboard I get a "Billboard" cover.

OT If i have a song in the billboard album and a song in the artists album, is there a way I can get the album rather than the billboard?

Yep, this is what I meant too =)

Brad

Barcrest

Quote from: ecbrad on October 19, 2012, 09:19:30 PM
Quote from: acejas on October 19, 2012, 10:43:07 AM

Yep, this is what I meant too =)

Brad

Ah you want it to pick the album version rather than the compilation albuim version?

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

yeah that would be great ...dunno if its possible but yeah  :)

I have majority (90%) of the artists albums but for some reason it will pick the compilation albums

cheers

jukejohn

acejas

Im seriously thinking of embedding cover art into tracks. Ive never liked the idea but the more I think about it the more I'm inclined.

With multiple devices (tablets, phones and media players) it just makes it easier to copy individual songs with their covers.

Barry, how hard would this be to implement? Currently its not supported and dont really have the use of trackname and artist option if we need to put each track in a folder - Id have 120k folders.

I would still like the album cover as is so when looking at albums or searching it comes up with the album cover but when Now Playing or charts it would show up with the embedded art.

Im curious as to how many people would be interested in this

cheers

Gaucho

I would for compilation albums plus I am also thinking of making sure I have the all the songs mentioned in the top 10, so artwork for these would be good when they are playing.