Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Coffee's Commercial Jukebox Project

Started by coffee, July 09, 2007, 08:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffee

Hi Everyone

I figured is was about time to show everybody what I was working on.
I started working on a test machine early this year so that I can install it in a pub to see if there were any problems with the software or the hardware that I wanted to use for building a commercial jukebox.

I started the cabinet by figuring out how it should look and work. I went to my local boilermakers and I had the metal bended and cut. I welded everything together and this is how it looked.

I had setup and tested my hardware and software in my office and it was running like this for about a month before I installed it into the cabinet. I made sure that all the logistical problems were sorted out before I installed everything into the cabinet. I sorted out things like how I wanted to navigate the jukebox software, how to connect two comparrators without having to use a keyboard input, how to store the music files, what format and codecs to use for my music, how to setup and connect a television for my second monitor to show the videos and visualizations, and so on.

My test machine are running for about 4 months now, at least 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and it has really impressed me. I did have a problem during the first two weeks but Barry sorted it out and I didn't have a single problem since.

Since this test unit I have build a professional cabinet and I will post some photos of the final product later on.

Coffee

Barcrest

Did you follow netcats guide and replace all the windows XP stuff? Also did you replace the mouse pointer with a larger one of your own? I figured with that set up a large cartoon style animated mouse pointer would look really cool. All looking good anyway dude.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Yeah, xp is running very light. It's so light I could call it something els......LOL.
You just gave me a very good idea about the mouse pointer.
                                                                                           ;D

draginit

Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

coffee

Hi Dradinit

No, it's not navigating with a touchscreen. I'm using a trackball to navigate the mouse pointer on the screen. This is a commercial jukebox and a touchscreen won't make it in the enviroment this is used in.
I am busy with a touchscreen version for myself for home use.

draginit

yea that makes sense. i like the idea tho of using the trackball. looks good,,just be sure to add your own flavor to the CP. ;D   good luck with this!
Just when you thought it not possible....TwelveNinedy

coffee

Just an update:

Still running ver 2 and the trackball system but I'll start on a touchscreen cabinet soon with ver 3 or 4.
I will also start using a wallpaper rotator for my adds on my second screen. I stopped using visaulizations because for some reason my taskbar popped up on some machines when visaulizations was running.
Here's the lastest pic.

netcat

thought I'd mention I did create my own Giant Pointer which I believe is available for download under my IDEAL JUKEBOX SETUP article.

cheers

coffee

Hi

Yes, thanks Bro. The MONSTER Pionter.  I have it here somewhere. I have used it on my test machine but not since. I'll have to make a plan to get it on the new machines.
Oh, and thanks for the download link the other day. It seems like rev 6 is better than the platinum 2 edition I've used but it also have a problem with dosshell. It boots on some machines and others it doesn't. Platinum 2 does the same.

Coffee