Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Playing Problems

Started by kickercompkid_99, November 17, 2007, 07:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickercompkid_99

Hi to all and Barry!  So I am having this issue with V3 not playing certain files and sorting albums under various artists when the tags for them are correct.  I think I may have just figured out what the problem is.  As far as v3 not playing, the files that it doesn't play are .m4a format.  Anyone else have any problems with this format?  I figured that maybe I could just install itunes and the codec for playing those would be installed and I wouldn't have the problem anymore, but I was wrong, maybe someone else had this problem and had a simple fix for it.  I would really hate to have to sit there and find which tracks are .m4a and convert each and every one of them back to .mp3, it could take weeks!  The sorting part of this also I believe is to do with itunes and the embedded artwork in the file.  I have yet to try and remove the artwork and see if that fixes it or not, I'll give it a shot and see if maybe it fixes it.  There are only about 10 to 15 albums that are that way so if I had to remove the embedded artwork it wouldn't be too big of a deal.  Just looking to see if anyone knows of the cheap and dirty fix for this or if anyone else had ran into this...
Let me know!

kickercompkid_99

Well... that was a lot more simple than I thought it was going to be!  With a little bit of googling, I downloaded 3ivx, and that fixed the problem of v3 not playing .m4a files!  So if anyone else is having the same problem go to: http://www.3ivx.com/download/windows.html
Download, and install and away you go!
Now, I just have to figure out the problem with the sorting!