Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skins at 1366x768

Started by TheBigBlack, January 17, 2014, 09:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigBlack

Is anybody still actively working on any skins at 1366x768? There were a couple floating around a couple of years back, but I haven't seen any updates for a while.

I tried making one myself using the skin tool, but I admitted defeat after 2 hours and cried myself to sleep last night...

nategee

+1

I too have tried to create my own and failed miserably.   I've currently got a V7 skin running on my V8 software.   It's not perfect, but it looks a lot better than anything I'd tried or any of the 1024x768 skins

Barcrest

If you can make images you can make a skin, if you guys want help then post up images of what you want each screen to look like. Then if you create the buttons as PNG files it's pretty easy for someone here to pull it together in the skin tool.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

justtaint

Was any work done on this resolution of skins?  Just putting together a 32" jukebox for a family member and need 1366 x 768

Barcrest

Coffee has a widscreen version of the default skin but i am not sure it was released here.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Although this is a very old topic, but yes I am currently working on a 768 x 1366 skin since you are logged in.

However some features are going to be scrapped from the skin due to design.

At the moment the things that are scrapped are as follows

Karaoke button (50%)
Volume controls (100%)
License screen (100%)
Admin options button (100%)

Collections, Playlists are (50%)

Although I have more room for stuff there are certain constraints to which I have to follow due to programming.

Which does become a nightmare to say the least. I will give one example, you have two menu systems, one a main one and then one a pop up menu system.

The main menu does not really hold much value it has 8 buttons, 4 of which are sort of useless which is the audio, karaoke, radio, video. It then has buttons which are valuable such as jump to a letter, random, new songs, and favourites.

The pop up menu has pretty much the same kind of usefulness to it, where you have the search function, which should have been on the main menu, it then also contains things such as collections, charts etc.

However it then contains useless stuff such as license.

However I am rambling but yes will be new skins soon for this resolution.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

There are 2 identical menus, one shown all the time and the other is the pop up menu. The buttons you are referring to are for switching libraries and are only on the album page.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Sadly not identical

Album menu
--------------
Album
Karaoke
Radio
Video
Random
New

Pop up menu
----------------
Search (Most IMPORTANT)
hot hits
collections
playlists
license screen

I know you can have the pop up menu on main screen with Coffees hack but again down to design, you need to lose a few buttons, depends upon the design.

I have tried to see if I could add them all onto one menu, but so far no luck.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

It's not possible to add all those buttons you listed above to one menu.

The 'Audio, Karaoke, Radio, Video, Random, New & Most Popular' buttons are all only available on the album page. These cannot be added to the other menu's.

All the other buttons are available on the main menu, on my HD skins I used a combination of both the Pop Up Menu and the Permanent Menu, to allow for all the buttons to be used, I just placed the lesser buttons I use the least on the pop up menu.

Mark Norville

I might have removed one to many buttons, but I think you can have some icons on the genre selection bar, and there is a button to click for  the pop up menu.

I have had enough for today just going to do some genre buttons, but will have a look tomorrow. I think I have seen what I want on DaBaurs black and yellow skin, or yellow and black which ever one it is called.

Infact shall check now lol