News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

any chance of a E-touch port to android?

Started by kohala, February 16, 2014, 03:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kohala

Hi
I always lurk behind the forums & do my own hacking. I"m not a strong programmer or coder. but i can get around & hack codes usually on weekends or on day's off. I recently got a few of those android MK802 mini $40. hacked DWjukebox's Dos version up and running great on it. got it installed in a Seeburg wall o matic & a Deco Model AMI-120 Jukebox wallbox. Now i'm on a project to restore a NSM wall mount Performer & run DWjukebox. but i always wanted the etouch features. any chance of a port to android? or does anyone know if anyone is already doing a android jukebox and can point me to the right direction -> :)

Thanks

Barcrest

The only way to have this running on android is to use a PC and then use slashtop on the tablet to vnc in. It works well but probably isn't what you are actually after.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kohala

Thanks Barcrest i really appreciate your work here. maybe i can convince you to build a android app? i'll gladly purchase the app :)  those android mk802 mini pc sticks are really something to look into.  :beer there's alot of opensource mp3 players already built they just missing a coin-op interface & a keyboard/button custom layout.

Barcrest

Issue is i don't even know what language to code in for those.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Are Xamarin or Diamond Edge VB Converter any good?

I've heard you may be able to copy and paste a lot with VB for Android as well except that some commands need to be changed (finad and replace?).

Barcrest

I use DLL's and API calls that are just not available on android.

Jukebox Stats...

Musiclynk

If there is still interest in this I would like to offer my services as a Developer to web enable the Freebox application and produce a usable API that would work across all platforms.