Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Potential Bug with Decades Chart Feature

Started by berrywell, May 27, 2015, 07:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi, I'm currently using Beta V9.0.07 & I think I may have come across a bug whilst fine tuning the decade UK charts feature for my music collection.

When I go to either December 1984 or December 1985 (UK Charts), the chart lists the song "Band Aid – Do They Know It's Christmas?" in the top 10. In my music collection I have all 4 different versions of this song (Band Aid, Band Aid II, Band Aid 20 and Band Aid 30). The trouble is, although I have all the meta-data correctly entered/showing for each individual song, the chart section keeps listing the Band Aid II (1989) version on the December 1984 & 1985 charts.

Has anybody else encountered this problem? If so, have you managed to make a work around for it?

Barcrest

Do you have it set to exact match? If not then if it matches the first parts of the title and artist it will assume a match. I should actually add a check to see if the length of the strings match also or if there is an exact match after the partial match is confirmed. I will get a fix for this in the next build. In the mean time you can use exact match. If you are using exact match and it's still doing that then you will have to wait for the fix.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Having checked at lunchtime the settings I'm using and I can confirm that I didn't have it set to exact match, as soon as I enabled exact match, the correct version appeared.  :) 8)

The knock on effect of doing this was that several other song that matched previously (such as double A songs) on the charts are now no longer matching.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply and hopefully you'll manage to introduce a fix for this.

:beer