Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Converting a Touch Screen Pub Jukebox?

Started by berrywell, June 01, 2015, 03:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I'm at the early stages of building myself a jukebox, currently still playing around with the excellent e-touch jukebox software.

Anyway, just wondered if any of you guys have tried to convert a pub touchscreen jukebox? I keep looking at e-bay and am very tempted to buy a second hand 'sound leisure' touch jukebox, as they look great.

I just wondered if anyone knew whether the touchscreens can be used with an ordinary PC & e-touch? I assume I could just 'rip out' the sound leisure PC and install my own. As for the screen, would it be simply a case of tracking down a driver to get it working or would it be more complicated than that?

Barcrest

Yeah i have a video surfer, i just pulled the crappy sound leisure pc out and put my own in. I can't remember where I got the touchscreen drivers from but it was a simple search to get them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

ive done quite a few nsm and sound leisure cabs and found they seem to use 2 types of touch screens

which are zytronic and micro touch which you can get the drivers online

yes the pcs they use are shite

berrywell

Thank you for your replies, this has now given me the confidence to go and purchase one.  :)

I'm having to go this route as I'd be useless at building the case side of things!  :-X

All I need to do now is find one at an appropriate price.  :D

Barcrest

Quote from: berrywell on June 03, 2015, 07:50:48 AM
Thank you for your replies, this has now given me the confidence to go and purchase one.  :)

I'm having to go this route as I'd be useless at building the case side of things!  :-X

All I need to do now is find one at an appropriate price.  :D

This why I did this, you can get a good deal if you get one not working but the screen is fine.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...