Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

New Skin Poll

Started by Risim, June 17, 2015, 03:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Ok guys I have been reading alot of request for new skins or higher resolution skins.  I have decided to help out now that coffee isnt around as much.  But ehat do you guys want more a higher res of touchgenie skin, or update one of coffees v8 skin.  Need feedback this takes alot of time....so any ideas.   

Cary_B

How about just taking the old widescreen Black and Blue skin and updating it?  I really love the simplicity of that skin.  I still use it now and then, but too much of it doesn't work on the versions of the program.

Barcrest

Ideally it would be nice to get all the V8 skins upgraded to V9. The majority of the work is recreating the buttons as transparent PNG files. I still use 1024x768 but we did have more choice of resolutions on the older skins including the vertical BnB skin I did.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jukejohn

jukejohn

metal skin would be great

Ant2110

A higher res widescreen version of TouchGenie for V9 would be okay - like the one we have for V8.

1600x900 or 1920x1080.

I suspect 1920 x 1080 would slow the album paging down quote a bit (1600x900 does too but looks so much better)

I like the older design of having the grid of album covers on the selection page (and 1600x900 lets you see more at once) rather than the 'flip' style of the new one. The flip is also slower to operate than the grid.

Ideally I think the V8 standard 1600x900 skin, but working on V9 would be the best IMO...

Ant.

Cary_B

You do know that you can change the flip style off in the settings?  I turned it off, and back on to the grid style after using it for a day.  I like the old grid style best also.

ecbrad

I concur on the Metal Skin update. Would love a new version of this as to me this is still the best layout available. Whatever you you do will be appreciated of course but ensure that you either DON'T use the slider option or do a version that has can do both the slider or buttons.

Cheers,
Brad

Barcrest

I was wondering what Ant was referring too, The flip or slide animations can be turned off they are not skin dependant. If you mean the cover layout there is also a 12 grid layout as well as the faux cover slide layout.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Everybody has a different opinion. :-\  I think ill start updating the button from the older skins to png first.  And make a touchgenie wider res maybe 1440x900.  I think that res would do on most wide screen, right?

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Risim on June 19, 2015, 03:28:44 PM
Everybody has a different opinion. :-\  I think ill start updating the button from the older skins to png first.  And make a touchgenie wider res maybe 1440x900.  I think that res would do on most wide screen, right?

You'll find risim when making skins you wont please everyone at the same time, when I make a skin I make it the way I like it then I share it.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on June 20, 2015, 11:59:57 PM
Quote from: Risim on June 19, 2015, 03:28:44 PM

You'll find risim when making skins you wont please everyone at the same time, when I make a skin I make it the way I like it then I share it.

This is the best way to make them, if I could do graphics then I would be making them myself but I can't do them. Well not that they look any good anyway.

Jukebox Stats...

Ant2110

Thanks - I hadn't realised that the flip setting is independent of the skins..   ::)

With regard to pleasing more guys with the correct skin res. (mine is 1600x900) is it possible to create new skins (and I am rubbish at graphic also..) at the highest required resolution - 1920x1080 for example, and then would it not be a simple task to just resize the higher one down to 1600x900 or 1280x800 etc etc.. afterward without going through the process of creating a new one, or is there a reason why this would not work?

I appreciate that if the skin has been originally created in a lower res. then it will loose quality if enlarged after.

Barcrest

Quote from: Ant2110 on June 29, 2015, 12:28:02 PM
Thanks - I hadn't realised that the flip setting is independent of the skins..   ::)

With regard to pleasing more guys with the correct skin res. (mine is 1600x900) is it possible to create new skins (and I am rubbish at graphic also..) at the highest required resolution - 1920x1080 for example, and then would it not be a simple task to just resize the higher one down to 1600x900 or 1280x800 etc etc.. afterward without going through the process of creating a new one, or is there a reason why this would not work?

I appreciate that if the skin has been originally created in a lower res. then it will loose quality if enlarged after.

The issue is aspect ratios really, what you suggest would probably work. Higher the skin resolution the larger the images and as such the slower the loading times.

Jukebox Stats...

coffee

Hi All

In my experience when it comes to 16:9 aspect ratio skins, you need only 2 different sizes, a 1360 x 768 for 18.5 or small size screens because most entry level monitors of this size or smaller doesn't have the option for a resolution greater than 1360/6x768 and you will need a 1600 x 900 resolution size for bigger displays. The difference between a 1600x900 and a 1920x1080 is very small in terms of HD quality and you will struggle to see the difference.
The problem always comes when you run your display to a different resolution than the skin you are using because then the skin must be scaled and this is where you will see a loss of quality.

With 4:3 you need a 800x600 for your smaller screens and a 1024x768 for the bigger one's.
For 16:10 you only need a 1440x900 skin really.
The current skins are very good but you will loose a lot of definition when you scale them to any other size.