Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Major Nuclear Destruction

Started by Mark Norville, July 17, 2015, 09:39:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

I have been playing with skin tool and copied black n blue, renamed it to something else, set to my main skin, loaded skin tool, I changed the covers from 12 to 8 saved, reloaded and the main screen goes blank, press escape to get into the admin menu and a lot of the options are missing.

Un installed deleted the directory, fresh install still trying to load a skin that is not there, I just went through reg edit to remove files from that but still no joy.

Houston I think we have a problem.

*** Update ***

I managed to sort that problem out eventually, but there are a lot more problems using the skin tool, I am unchecking say for example show history, clicking on save skin, it is asking me if I want to save cover as well, but as that has not been changed, then I am just clicking on cancel, I reload the skin black and blue v7 and the left hand side has completely disappeared. I have tried clicking on yes saver cover as well, but with the same affect.

The skin tool for myself personally is very buggy to say the least, I am not sure if it is because I am trying to edit something when I do not have my license yet or not?

I can screen capture if you want to see what I am doing. I just honestly cannot understand when something that seems so simple is causing all manner of problems.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Skintool is loading the untouched ini file  and then saving out a V2 ini file where it will expect the images to be PNG files. This could be called a bug but it is infact due to me leaving legacy skin loading in the tool.

The best way is to use one of the V9 skins as a basis of creating a new skin. If you really do want BnB I can do it if someone makes all the images as transparent PNG files.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...