Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Command Line Burning

Started by kizer, December 17, 2007, 12:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kizer

I found this thread a while ago and you might find it useful as well.
http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?t=15078
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Well i can add a setting in freebox to support this via the burn CD button if anyone is interested?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

I could of used it a few times. More or less it would be a dump of files to a known folder right? THen a burn off all files in that folder? Could Freebox dump say like this.

Downloadfolder/
Artist/*.mp3
*.mp3
Artist/*.mp3

Basically instead of a HUGE dump of files put them into artist folders then their files?
Having files with no clue to what band could get confusing, but for a mix tape it wouldn't be a matter in the world. Almost like making a playlist.  ;D
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

Well as the burn CD button show up for albums i was just going to make it burn that album.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

ah so it would dump the files from that album and then run a command line app? Thats still pretty cool too. Would probably have to force it to run a batch file so it would erase all files in that folder afterwords to keep you from stacking new files on top of old files.

kremmit

What would be super-dope, is if the burn button would burn the tracks in the folder that the download button dumps files into.  Make it awfully to browse the juke library and pick songs for a mixtape CD.

kizer

Thats what I used to do. I would browse my tunes and just click download, download over and over say well a lot of times. Afterwards I would click on that command line app and it would dump that folder to a disk. Well I got lazy and installed Nero, but miss the download button.

eist1

Where does the Download button dump the files to? I don't see a setting in the options for a path to where you want the files to go.

Barcrest

The dump into a download folder in your freebox directory.

Jukebox Stats...

kizer

Yeah from there I would use the command line burner which was a short cut on my desktop to burn that folders contents.

kremmit

What's that burning app do if there's 1.21 gigaboogers of music in there and you've only got a 700mb disc?

kizer

Uh, Im not sure. Never tried to fill it up with more than it can hold. I haven't used the app in a while.

kremmit

Heh.  Just noticed this:

[attachment deleted by admin due to disc space requirements]