Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Feature request: “Your selection will be xxth in the queue, and play in xx:xx”

Started by fat-johnny, December 17, 2007, 06:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fat-johnny

So I select my album, and it takes me to the album screen to select my song.  I find a song I like, and press it, taking me to the screen where there is one big album art, with the artist and song title underneath..  Your options there are "Add to queue", "Play Next", Play now", or whatever......depending on what you have enabled.

On that screen, I would like to see a little blurb that says "Your selection will play in xx:xx" in minutes:seconds.
or maybe
"Your selection will be xxth in the queue, and play in xx:xx".

This would give people incentive to use the "Play next" and "play now" buttons if you are using it in a commercial environment, thus increasing revenue (assuming that you charge more to use the "play next and "play now")

Even if you have "play next" and "play now" turned off, and just use "Add to queue", it would at least give someone a heads up as to how long it will be before your song comes up.

Thoughts?
FJ

kizer

That has been requested once before I believe. Where its at Im not sure. ;)

I do know for sure on my Jukebox I have disabled the play now button and the play next simply because I have my Jukebox set to randomize queue.

It could be a cool feature for those that would use it, but personally I wouldn't use it much with my queue randomizing.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

Barcrest

That screen does tell you how many songs are in the queue. Problem is working out the times without slowing everything down.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

twarr

Ooh. I really like this idea!

I will be making my juke in the christmas vacation, and will try it it a pub, for commercial use. Would really like to test this, if possible :)

Slows it down you say barry? Then we invest in faster computers :)

kremmit

In a commercial setting, if I could see that my song wouldn't play for an hour, I might not be inclined to pump any $ into the thing at all.  You'd want to make sure this kind of info wasn't available until the $ was already in, I'd think. 

Barcrest

Yeah i agree with KErmit, you don't want this stuff public as it would put punters off...

Jukebox Stats...

crazyorange

Deffinatly not good for making any amout of money..cause i know in the past iv put alot of quarters into music and dont even hear it before i leave..cause eveyone always plays next and it backs up soooo far..if you were to  tell the time or place you have to after you pic and pay..even though i have seen that STILL the the next guy and the next says play next, play next.. bumping your time back more..soo the time does not even work that way.. its more or less a happy scam big buisness puts out so you think that juke at the bar is sooo great..(and to beat competition)
TN INSIDE...YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT

Barcrest

yeah like he said.. Seriously it wouldn't work with play now and play next... I think showing the amount of songs before you is more than enough

Jukebox Stats...