News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

HOWTO: TTS Other voices on windows 7 for free...

Started by Barcrest, August 10, 2015, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

This was copied from elsewhere but did work for me.

QuoteSo if your sick of Microsoft Anna, here is how to get some alternatives:

!!!WARNING!!!

This involves manual edits to your registry. If you mess it up, don't blame me. Do at your own risk.

Step 1 --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install the Speech Platform v11

a) go here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27225
b) click "Download"
c) select the "x86_SpeechPlatformRuntime\SpeechPlatformRuntime.msi"
d) run the installer (duh :P)

Step 2: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get the alternate voices

a) go here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224
b) click "Download"
c) select the voice files you want. They are the ones that have "TTS" in the file name. There are 6 English (all female). I have not listened to the other languages, so I dont know how they sound. GB_Hazel and US_ZiraPro are IMO the better sounding voices.
MSSpeech_TTS_en-CA_Heather
MSSpeech_TTS_en-GB_Hazel
MSSpeech_TTS_en-IN_Heera
MSSpeech_TTS_en-US_Helen
MSSpeech_TTS_en-US_ZiraPro
MSSpeech_TTS_en-AU_Hayley
d) run the installers for each (duh :P)

Step 3: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extract the registry tokens

a) Open Regedit
b) Under - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Speech Server\v11.0\Voices - right click the "Tokens" folder and export. Save this file to your desktop as voices1.reg so it will be easy to find later.
b) Under - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Speech Server\v11.0\Voices - right click "Tokens" and again export it, again to the desktop. Call it voices2.reg.

Step 4: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit the voices1/2 files

a) open Voices1.reg in Notepad.
b) press "cntrl + H"
c) enter \Speech Server\v11.0\ into the "Find What" field
d) enter \Speech\ into the "Replace With" field
e) click "Replace All"
f) Save File

g) Repeat a-f with the Voices2.reg file

Step 5: --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Merge the new Registry files into your registry

a) double click to "run" both Voices1.reg and Voices2.reg
b) Click "Yes" when it prompts

You should now have access to the new voices in the Windows TTS options menu.

E-Touch uses the default voice, the Zirapro is by far the best for me but do try others and report back. I only tried the EN ones as stated so i am not sure how good regional ones will work.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

currently supported;

startup.txt
newsong.txt

[venue] - replaced with venue name set in jukebox
[current_artist] - replaced with current artist
[current_track] - replaced with current track

Each text file can have 1 line of text with the above variables and these are replaced. It currently fires when a new song starts playing it called newsong.txt and startup.txt is call when first loaded.

Any thoughts on other situations you might want it called? I have it pretty much sorted now so i am just looking on some feedback before releasing it for testing as we don't have too much bandwidth i don't want to release too many beta a month and have the site go down again. I am also looking at how best to do it for sport as i currently have it hard coded for football but i need to make this universal.

I also need to probably add an option for fading the music down when the TTS kicks in as you can't really here it over the top of the music. This will probably be the same as the announcements.

Jukebox Stats...

jukeboksDK

Barcrest

Jukebox Stats...

jukeboksDK

Yes it's work, but my windows 10 standart voice is in Danish but when etouch starte it use US voice, i ther a way to edit so that etouch jukeboks use the Danish voice?

Mark Norville

You would need to go to windows 10 tts speech package, and then change the voice there, you also need to make sure that you have the Danish TTS voices installed.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukeboksDK

Danish speech is installed and works as standard voice on windows, but when i run etouch jukebox it use the US voice, is there a Way to edit this? So that the Danish speech works on etouch jukebox.

Mark Norville

I would double check to make sure that you have danish as your voice on windows 10, etouch does nothing to the voice, it only uses the default voice from windows TTS.

You would need to double check your voices.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.