Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

windows 10

Started by ajs1544, August 15, 2015, 09:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajs1544

Just a quick question anyone tried the jukebox on Windows 10 yet... I assume everything should work as normal Barry if I do upgrade..?

Cheers

Andy

Mark Norville

Hi Andy,

I have tested and it works on Windows 10 without a problem. However I soon went back to Windows 7 from Windows 10 and I had full 10 before anyone else. I would say if you have not already stick to Windows 7 for at least six months before upgrading and beware regarding old technology as some of the drivers will not work with it. I will give an example a soundblaster live card is abandoned now and will not work on Windows 8 onwards.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

Quote from: Mark Norville on August 15, 2015, 01:50:48 PM
Hi Andy,

I have tested and it works on Windows 10 without a problem.
Regards

Mark
So it did work fine, right mark.  You just went back to win 7 for the driver issue.   Im just asking b/c i ordered an all in one pc for the kids and it brings win 10.  Im hopping it works so that i can install etouch and they can use it while doing there chores.

Mark Norville

Yep it works just as it does on Windows 7, I changed back due to drivers and also the fact that Windows 10 is not yet stable. At first my system ran fast I was very impressed however it started to go to a crawl, I done a system restore back two days and that fixed the problem. I am almost tempted to go back onto Windows 10 when it stabilizes a bit but at the moment I am enjoying a trouble free Windows 7 again. The only reason why I recommend upgrading to Windows 10 is for xbox and also if you have touch screen, apart from that Windows 7 will have at least virus updates till 2020 and then go the way that XP done, so really any XP users if you can get on to Windows 7 now while you can (Drivers permitting).

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on August 17, 2015, 02:36:44 PM
I have just noticed this on Facebook http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/windows-10-microsoft-can-disable-pirated-software-unauthorised-hardware/ so for those thinking about upgrading to Windows 10 well ;)

This was supposed to come with windows 7 they called it palladium.

Something about it here,
http://windowsitpro.com/windows-development/microsoft-palladium

I am unsure what happened with it but it sounds like an update to that. Even my VB 6 is licensed although not supported on 7, I guess they could stop me using it on 10 If i could even get it running. Luckilly I have 5 more years on 7 by which time this project could be closed.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

iNTERESTING /CONFUSING