Started by jukejohn, August 22, 2015, 12:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jukejohn

very odd and frustrating last night when the 2nd screen was working fine
at first then all it would show is the led scroll at bottom and a blank screen
lost the crossfading also
I use gforce viz and after resetting the 2nd screen first track played fine
with viz showing then back to just led scroll
in the end all I could do is set it up on the main screen after a lot of messing about to get crossfading back
so it seems something's broke

luv the etouch loading voice over by the way

Mark Norville

Have you updated any drivers since you used it last? I know you use XP so would be no windows updates for it, so another question would be have you updated to a newer version of eTouch? I have only tried for about two minutes with dual monitors but I couldn't get video to display on my second monitor. I can't see the cables being a problem but never know but that would be last to try.

A system restore back to a couple of days might work, have you been using it to secretly log in to Ashley Madison? If you have been using it online it is rumoured that a few sites are affected usually they are dating sites at the moment but the problem might be more wide spread than currently reported.

If in doubt a hammer either works or creates a nice insurance job ;)
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

jukejohn

not a driver issue my second screen connects no probs there
its etouch that that's buggy well on the latest beta anyhow

Mark Norville

eTouch buggy? Nah never lol in some respects it dos add to the charm of eTouch I find, when I was trying to skin came across a bug thinking I would be able to get around it, and spent hours trying to do so only to find out I couldn't. If eTouch had more than one programmer then expansion of ideas would be a good thing, but with one person over expansion can be a bad thing, in the end eTouch would have to go in another direction as Visual Basic is now pretty dead and slow so the more options added the sooner it will hit a brick wall and just implode upon itself.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It's more the jukebox market is dying, that will be what kills this off.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Will always be a niche market mainly because touch screen monitors never took off and are far too expensive. I was lucky as I paid £150 I think for mine years ago but then for myself unless it was in a jukebox of some kind it just wasn't the same. I have looked online for touch screen monitors and retailing at £300 for some even the touch screen convertors are around £150. I used to be in the movie distribution business years ago, but that went down hill when CD/DVD drives became affordable to the mass public. Old skool are dyeing out and next gen are on their touch screen iphones and whatever they have now.