Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

HOW TO : Email requested tracks to your Gmail account

Started by Mark Norville, November 17, 2015, 04:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

eTouch Version used : 9.0.18 first tested 17/11/2015. Please note that this guide works for this version at this time, the guide may become out of date for newer versions or may not work for versions other than 9.0.18. Also Gmail might change their security procedures.

One feature of eTouch is the ability to email to a Gmail account when someone has requested a track or an album, but how do we do this?

You will need to do two parts firstly on Gmail and then on eTouch itself, so we shall start with Gmail.

Gmail
-----

1) Log in to the Gmail account you wish to use
2) Visit the page https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
3) Click turn on let secure apps contact

This will now auto save your preferences and you should get an email to say that this function is now enabled.

eTouch Jukebox

1) Load eTouch and go to Admin
2) Click on online settings
3) Enter your Gmail email account and password (check for spelling errors otherwise you will get an SMTP error)
4) Tick the following

A) Enable online play options
   B) Save online track requests
   C) Email requests to jukebox
   D) Email user when signs in to my eTouch
   E) Email user when a song is selected

You can click on test to see if every thing is working, if nothing happens that is good, but if you get an SMTP error then check your login and password details.

MAKE SURE THAT YOU REMEMBER TO CLICK ON SAVE

Once you have tested it once do not keep testing otherwise it stops sending requests

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.