My Music Collection doesnt work well with Freebox

Started by cadis12, December 18, 2007, 09:21:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

jonfinpausa

Hey Cadis12,

I just wanted to let you know I had the worse Library in the world when I started using freebox years ago.

It is a pain in the arse but belive me and the rest of us, its well worth it in the end to have your Mp3's tagged correctly regardless of what software you choose to use.

Even tho Freebox is the best choice for the money, cleaning your library is time well spent... and dont forget to back it up often !!!! start with the A's and make a back-up each time you need a break from it, running the freebox config each time before you delete your old backup.Just in case something doesnt go right.Remeber to delete both records.cvr and records.rec files in the Freebox directory each time before you rebuild your library.Some guys like me even delete the folders Artists and Genres in the Freebox directory and rebuild those fresh each time.Be prepared to spend some time on this project and enjoy it.In the end its really nice to have one touch/click access to all your music.

Trust me as I just spent 2 solid days tracking down 1 corrupt mp3 tag in a library of over 40,000 titles.
So my advise to you is to take care of your library like they are CD's in Cases.

Have a good safe Holiday

Fish

kizer

Personally if your using Freebox, itunes or lord knows what you should have a properly tagged and inventoried mp3 file structure. When I burn a batch of MP3s and take them on the road in my Jeep I just pop in the cd and my Deck reads the tags and I know exactly what Im listening to and what I have with me.
I'm not around 100% so please feel free to PM if you need direct help. Trust me I'm not ignoring you in a post. ;)

cadis12

I'm still working on my mp3 collection tagging process but in the meantime you guys can check out my jukebox project at: http://www.adisweb.com/jukebox .  I'll keep you guys posted regarding my tagging process in the coming weeks!  Thanks again for all of your help!

surf

Media Monkey is a great program to tag everything, pretty easy doing it one at a time.  It even has a "missing tag info" option to find stuff...

I'm still having problems with Freebox crashing when playing certain songs, most of the time it has to do with having more than one album artwork embedded in the tag, but I'm still finding songs that either crash the program or play without sound and can't figure out what is wrong (they are not VBR) even though they play fine in Mediamonkey, wincab jukebox, sk jukebox, media player, etc...  Is there still an engine upgrade coming?

After getting my touchscreen, this is the best program out there, even with the little things that don't quite work right....

cadis12

FYI:  I am on letter E of my collection.  This takes a while if you want to be fairly accurate!  I am not paying close attention to the generas.  Hope this doesn't come back to bite me! 

Barcrest

I had to go back and look at genres since i added support for filtering by those.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...