Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

My Jukebox from a TV Stand Project

Started by cadis12, December 30, 2007, 04:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eist1

I just emailed the driver to Casper and Barry, so if Barry can get it posted, hopefully it can help anyone else having issues with the Powermate. After it is working properly, it is a very nice addition to the jukebox, for moving through album pages and volume control. Let me know if it works for you.

casper

Thanx for the drivers eist it now FINALLY works. how did you set it up to page through on freebox ...cheers Casper

eist1

Glad to hear that fixed it!!! To get paging to work, just setup a letter for forward and back, Barry fixed this so it would work. I think I used M and N (or K and L) for it to work in the key mapping portion on the Options screen of Freebox and in the Powermate Control Panel for the Computer Action choose Send Key then put in the letter to use. I also used the volume key mapping on that screen too. Give it a try, and if there are issues let Barry know, as the key mapping is not 100%.

casper

Thanks for the info i have now set it up so volume works by push and rotate and just rotate changes album page. I have to agree that its much smoother than my touchscreen and i can make it fly through the album pages. I am seeing some bugs though on the select a tune page where play next play now and add to queue buttons appear over the album pic. the strange thing is that these buttons are from the default blue skin and i'm using the black and blue skin weird. do you get any bugs whilst using yours? I tried to post a pic but i get the message upload folder full. Once again thanks for all your help in setting this up.  Casper

Barcrest

I just tried to increase attachment space, so try and attach now. It is better if you can upload it somewhere else though like photobucket and just link to it with the image link. Saves our disc space and bandwidth.  ;)
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Quote from: Barcrest on March 05, 2008, 04:55:09 PM
I just tried to increase attachment space, so try and attach now. It is better if you can upload it somewhere else though like photobucket and just link to it with the image link. Saves our disc space and bandwidth.  ;)
Here's the pic with the bug i get when keymapping is selected in options if i disable key mapping there's no bug http://www.flickr.com/photos/21275698@N04/2311784021/

eist1

Casper,

I've had this same issue in the past when installing a new version of Freebox over the top of an older version. What I did to get rid of it is to uninstall Freebox, then go back to the Program Files folder and delete the Freebox V4 folder, then install the new version of Freebox, that should fix the problem. Don't know what files are there to cause the issue.

casper

tried a fresh install after deleting freebox c/ folder and all contents but still no joy getting the same bugs. if i check the disable keymapping this fixes the problem so its gotta be that thats causing the problem. i have tried removing all the other skins from the skins folder except the black & blue but that doesn't work either. one for barry i think.

eist1

Yep, I just verified the bug... If the Disable Keymappings is unchecked, the buttons show up on the screen, just as Casper's image shows. Good catch Casper....

casper

Got to say i think this will be a nice add on to my jukebox i have just stripped the button down and resoldered the usb connection so it comes directly out of the bottom of the button. I then plan to mount the button vertically on the front of my juke then all it will need is a couple of countersunk self tappers through the clear base to fix and when its all put back together it should look nice and neat without anywires or the screws showing.

eist1

Sounds great, can you send some pics of how you got the clear bottom off to move the wires? I was thinking of doing something similar. And also of the jukebox with the knob on it....

casper

Quote from: eist1 on March 06, 2008, 07:52:07 AM
Sounds great, can you send some pics of how you got the clear bottom off to move the wires? I was thinking of doing something similar. And also of the jukebox with the knob on it....
The clear bottom is just lightly glue if you get a sharp knife thats enough to pry it apart. you'll then be left with the switch itself and the base metal and the bit where the switch screws to. This is also glued but a very tight fit so i manouvered the switch to one side and pushed apart from underneath. Its hard to explain without showing you so i'm going to take step by step pics tomorrow and post them on flickr. i'll put a link on here. hopefully i will also fit the knob to my juke tomorrow and i'll post a pic.

Barcrest

I will get these bugs fixed up over the weekend.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

casper

Quote from: eist1 on March 06, 2008, 07:52:07 AM
Here's a pic with the knob on the juke but i am undecided as to wether i like it in that position or not. and i think i will probably have to remove it has i am going to replace the 15" screen with a 19" one. the first time i installed the knob i swung the juke door up and managed to rip all the wires out of the back of the knob. and i must say the wires are murder to soilder being so small and close together but the overall appearence is much better than coming out of the side of the knob.http://www.flickr.com/photos/21275698@N04/?saved=1

eist1

Casper,

That looks really good... As for the position, that is exactly what I pictured it to look like on the jukebox, but if you are going to be upgrading to a 19" monitor, it will obviously need to be moved down some. How's the functionality? I imagine you can fly through pages now....