Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Full feature Etouch

Started by Risim, April 06, 2016, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Risim

Okay guys I want to use most of the features that I never used before on etouch commercially. Give the jukes a new skin and feel with all the features available. I have a few questions:

1. Does the etouch free credit work?  I have tried it with the touchgennie skin and it does not activate for me.

2. Has the transparency sliders been fix for the banners and fanart.

3. Where does the pic and msg show up when activating webcam/msg feature?

4. How do I incorporate candyman scrolling to my skins?

I have more but I cant remember them right now lol.  I will post as I move on.

Mark Norville

I honestly cannot answer your questions, simply because those features do not interest me. A lot of what you are asking I am stripping out because it is just too much hassle and wrist strain to put on a track or two.

What are the main features of a jukebox?

Search
- Genre
- Artist

All what I want to do is have an easy to use search function rather than any fancy bells or whistles such as sliding the screen across. As long as you have a user friendly approach, and a nice designed screen then flicking fingers across a screen is just over kill.

I honestly want to see HTML 5 implemented as that is the key to making a skin look good, having a bloody good attract mode gives the eye candy a jukebox needs but a jukebox that performs quickly.

If you were a production company, and speed was an issue such as

1) You spend 5 minutes completing one task costing 60p per task
   2) You spend 2 minutes completing the same task still costing 60p

Now if you use basic maths, you would choose option 2. Why? It is elementary my dear Watson. If you have two people wanting to use the jukebox with number 2 option more people can access the jukebox a lot faster. It will mean that it produces more in revenue that some old git hogging the jukebox for half an hour because they cannot find the songs, artists, genres that they need.

My two pence worth.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Risim

We can agree to disagree Mark.  Almost every device you use you slide your finger across the screen to get to the next page.  Its in our nature now thats why the scrolling feature for me is not 100 but it will be enough for those people swipping.
I also eliminated most features because it did not interest me but they are available so why not try them out.
I also agree that the atract mode is a must and for now im still using swf and will like to try using those intro vids you posted earlier.

Mark Norville

I think that the screen swipes anyway no matter what setting you have it on, I will have a look tomorrow as 11pm here now, but shall put the cab on tomorrow I swear it swiped and that was without designing it too,

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

The candyman swipe is just about arranging the albums so the top row is,

and bottom is

as the 2 new ones come in from the side so having the traditional layout of

doesn't work correctly. You also need to set the cove file to move by 2 albums not a whole page and you should be good to go.

What issue are you having with the free credit thing? Do you mean the chance to win a free credit? It is essentially a button you press and it either awards a free credit or not how do you have this set up?

The transparency sliders should all work fine let me know if you find an issue but I think I fixed it a while ago.

The webcam image and message comes up on the bottom of the second screen like the songfacts and stays on for a short period when the track is started. This feature wasn't really developed much past this as nobody went for it after i got it added. If you have a play and feel some tweaks are need feel free to drop me a mail.

The issue with attract mode is that essentially an html page is being displayed in an IE frame so what that supports should be supported in E-touch but it really limits what I can do with it from my side and also means you have to be careful what you do in terms of opening up some way for users to click out of e-touch somehow. You just need to test your attract mode screens properly before using them.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Quote from: Barcrest on April 07, 2016, 11:00:14 AM
doesn't work correctly. You also need to set the cove file to move by 2 albums not a whole page and you should be good to go.
How do I set it to move by 2. With the last scrolling test swipe move by 2but when press the page button entire page moved.

Quote from: Barcrest on April 07, 2016, 11:00:14 AMWhat issue are you having with the free credit thing? Do you mean the chance to win a free credit? It is essentially a button you press and it either awards a free credit or not how do you have this set up?
So there has to be a button for this I dont see it anywhere.   Does it work with touchgenie?

[/quote]

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on April 07, 2016, 03:32:03 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on April 07, 2016, 11:00:14 AM
How do I set it to move by 2. With the last scrolling test swipe move by 2but when press the page button entire page moved.

In the skintool under the files controls settings there is a box next to a check box that says navigation. That is the number of covers it will move per swipe. So 2 if you have 2 rows, 1 for one row or 3 for 3 rows and so on.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Barry can the page next buttons be on the same plain as the albums for scrolling effect?

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on May 11, 2016, 11:50:59 AM
Barry can the page next buttons be on the same plain as the albums for scrolling effect?

You can do that but you need the navigation buttons to be on the main screen not the album screen otherwise they will scroll also.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Ok I will try...one thing, i am using label on top of cover(first row) and second row label also on top of cover.  It is because im using cover reflections. I get first row scrolling prior to second row.....any ideas.

Barcrest

Can you make a quick video or send me the skin and i will have a look.

Jukebox Stats...