Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Activation required

Started by Peck666, October 27, 2016, 05:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peck666

Hi,

I have paid for the full version, can someone please tell me how I go about updating the software please?

Thanks.

Mark Norville

Hi Peck,

Firstly what happens is that Barry will update your account on the forum, and send you a serial key. At the moment something has happened to Barry he has not been on for the past day or so. I have heard mention of his partner, having a baby so this might be the reason why he has not been here.

If this is true then you might have to wait for a day or two at the moment, so apologies on that score, but obviously life does happen from time to time.

As soon as you get your key then you will need to do the following

1) Uninstall the demo version that you have been using

DO THE FOLLOWING AS ADMIN AND INSTALL OUTSIDE OF C:\PROGRAM FILES INSTALL SOMEWHERE SUCH AS C:\JUKEBOX

Reinstall the jukebox, and then run, this will bring up a box to put your forum name, the email address that you registered with and your serial number.

The box can be tricky at times as it sometimes disappears if you have windows open, but you just need to keep flicking until you can find the box.

After that any problems just shout out and always someone to help you, I have done a video and I will post here for you for setting up. It does get quite long, but the first 20 minutes are the set up, the other 20 are optional extras.

Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXDuXwPkIjI&list=PLtOwHQKlpBMrqzkSDjvG6IkAeBukmqaa9&index=1

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Peck666

Thanks Mark.

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

I'll sit and wait patiently until Barry reappears, in the meantime I'll check out the video.

On the payment screen in paypal, it displays a different name to Barry (initials 'CR') but it has been sent to the barcrest@hotmail.com email address, do you know if this is normal?

Cheers.

Peck.

Mark Norville

Hi,

Yep that is normal. Barcrest is a fruit machine manufacture it is just a nickname/handle. In Paypal you have to have your account as your bank details hence why he has to use his real name.

However we all call him Barry when we are being polite, and then ****** ******* ****** when we are not so polite.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sie1984

Mark what are the advantages or what does it prevent to save the jukebox outside of c:\programs just wondering if its worth me reinstalling this in a different location

Mark Norville

If you have installed it into c:\Program Files that is why you are getting errors.

Although programs default to C:\Program Files for installation, this is a Microgreed thing.

You really need to install outside of Program Files to make things work properly.

I have directories called Jukebox Software, Arcade Software, Cinema Software etc etc and I install all of my programs within those directories.

Some older programs such as this hate being put into Program Files, and will often come up with faults at some stage.

Regards

Mark

Barcrest

It is all to do with the changes introduced with UAC that change the access to program files. This came about with VISTA I believe.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville