Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Cheap windows Tablet is fantastic

Started by Barcrest, July 31, 2016, 09:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

I looked at an app a few years back that converted VB to Android but it was buggy and you needed to change a lot of code manually. I think the thread got lost when we had the forum issues.

I'll try and find it and see if they have improved it.

Mark Norville

Quote from: Gaucho on August 16, 2016, 11:22:53 AM
I looked at an app a few years back that converted VB to Android but it was buggy and you needed to change a lot of code manually. I think the thread got lost when we had the forum issues.

I'll try and find it and see if they have improved it.

http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/topic/325079-how-to-convert-vb-code-to-mobile-app/ again I cannot say anything about this, but just found this with a couple of recommended programs.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I can tell you now there is no way without a complete rewrite that this will ever run on anything other than windows. You might stand a very slim chance of getting some where with linux and wine but even then i wouldn't hold out much hope. The back end of the app has all sorts of windows API calls and that is without the fact it's written int he long defunct VB6 and uses windows media player.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

ecbrad

Quote from: Barcrest on August 16, 2016, 08:38:38 AM
Quote from: ecbrad on August 16, 2016, 06:07:01 AM
Quote from: Mark Norville on August 15, 2016, 09:00:37 AM
I have not tried this, but you could set up a plex server and then you should be able to access your media from anywhere as long as you have wifi.

Yes it works fine but it's no proper jukebox application. I use it for Movies, TV Shows and Photos. YHes music is enabled but it's no jukebox application at all. I'd love an Android version but still quite happy with my stand alone jukebox. Everyone loves it however for streaming via Tablet my wife and son use Spotify. My wife would use E-Touch if it was available.

Brad

You can pick up an 8" windows tablet pretty cheap, mine cost me £37.50 and was well worth the money. I only use it for E-touch with a bluetooth speaker. If you were only using it at home you could even use the same library via a mapped drive back to your media.

This one may work,

http://www.saverstore.com/product/20925510/ZooStorm-SL8-i75-Tablet-75-Windows-10-Home-Z3735G1GB16GBTouch

It is 1024x768 so the stock skins will work out of the box.

Thanks Barry,

I might hunt around locally to see if something appropriate comes up. You're right that's a pretty cheap option.

Brad

fordman

Hi All!

First Time in a long time!  :tommy

I bought a Win10 tablet. It has Win 10 32bit version (not that that should matter for anything jukebox related). E-Touch installed great, made a music library and when E-Touch started up, very fast. Now the screen is all jazzed up. I tried the 1200x800 skin in the download section but that didn't help. When I unzipped the skin from the download, it wouldn't unzip the skintool.exe file. Havent seen the skintool.exe in a skin folder before. Not sure if that is my issue or not. I also changed the screen resolution to 1024x768, started E-Touch, changed skin to 1024x768 skin, no dice.

Anyone else have an issue with a tablet not looking correctly?

Fordman

Mark Norville

Firstly skin tool.exe should not be in a skin directory as you correctly say. I dare say someone moved in there for some reason, however I would not worry about that. Skin tool should be in the main directory only.

Our admin is AWOL and I think he is the only one that uses a Windows tablet, but I might be wrong on that one.

I would ask what skin you are using, just incase someone is using that skin on a tablet. I am on Android I sold my Windows surface ages ago now, Android the only way forward.

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

fordman

My tablet was fresh out the box without any updates. Now that the tablet has updated, everything is fine. I'm using the Touch Genie 1200x800 skin (I really don't like this skin) as it's the only one available for a tablet. If I can get my head around the skintool, I'd make my own. I can photoshop so I might make the screens and buttons then have someone else actually make the skin. I've tried for year to make skins with the skintool and it jst doesn't make sense to me.

Fordman

Mark Norville

If you can do that fordman, then I can make the skin for you, well either myself, or Barry when he has back, or maybe even Berrywell. there are a couple that can make skins now, it really is easy once you get to grips with the basics.

What size screen are you running? You should not need a lot really because of screen space. I would literally strip it back to nothing, and just make use of the basic features.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Hi Fordman,

I realise Mark has also asked this but I'm going to ask as well, what screen size tablet did you purchase? It's just that I'm looking at getting one as a birthday present to myself in December (yes I'm that sad :D lol). I am interested in how well the jukebox skin displays on such a small screen.

I will echo what Mark said, if you can make the graphics, which is the hardest part of skinning, I'll add my name to list who is willing to help put it together for you. Although I will admit I can't do anything for the next few weeks as I'm currently bogged down on my attempt at making a Christmas skin. It's not going too well at the moment, nothing is currently flowing but anyway, that's for a different conversation.  ;D

Regards

Tel.

fordman

Barcrest

My tablet is 8" and it displays fine and has been usable by anyone i have handed it too in the pub. Good to see you back fordman, with the online searching a tablet doesn't need a big local library.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on October 28, 2016, 01:35:57 PM
My tablet is 8" and it displays fine and has been usable by anyone i have handed it too in the pub. Good to see you back fordman, with the online searching a tablet doesn't need a big local library.

That's good to know Barry, especially seeing how much cheaper the 8" screens are compared to the 10" & 11" ones.