Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Touchscreen issue Fuji kiosk

Started by sirgsr, May 01, 2016, 09:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirgsr

Hi all , first post here I've been using this program for a few weeks now and I love it ! I'm currently building up a repurposed Fuji kiosk and although not a  issue with the jukebox software  .. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used a Fuji cabinet as for the life of me I can't get a response from the touchscreen I suspect a driver issue but I think I've tried them all ..... screen is a efl-1503 x and device manager says device elo touch 2700 working correctly however I suspect this is a lie :) 

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Mark Norville

What operating system are you using for the cabinet?
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sirgsr

Sorry Mark , Windows XP home .. I've tried  the elo drivers 6.8.0.19  and 4.8.7.b I can only assume these are the right drivers as once installed elo config says it's communicating with the touch controller but still won't calibrate (no touch is recognised) I've done a Google search for info but there isn't alot of info out there , I havnt heard back from the manufacturers yet but I doubt they will be overly helpful but being ideal as a jukebox, I figure someone may know something on here

sirgsr

I also pluged the touchscreen into a Windows 7 laptop same result found elo touchscreen installed drivers ... Touchscreen non responsive to  touch 

Mark Norville

http://www.vartechsystems.com/products/resources/touchdrivers.asp

I cannot recommend this site of the drivers, but this was the first thing that I found, you could try those and see what happens
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sirgsr

Tried that one :( thanks anyway mark

Mark Norville

sirgsr

That one too !! as well as every driver on the effinet page , effinet is actually the manufacturer and interestingly enough doesn't have a single driver for elo listed ... I only assume it's a elo as that's the only driver that's actually recognised and been suggested by Windows xp thus far ... I'm tipping if the touch driver is found and responds to the software even if not by touch than the touchscreen is not faulty.... physically it looks in perfect Nick however I actually know nothing about touch screens ....

Mark Norville

I have the experience of when I got my touch screen it worked when it was on XP however I wanted 7 on it but I could not find drivers for it, someone gave me drivers which work, but do not work all the time, sometimes I have to restart the computer two or three times to get the touch screen to work, so always give a few resets first and if that does not work maybe say 5 restarts at best, then that driver is the wrong one. I would say at best I am rebooting maybe 2 or 3 times and then it works.

sirgsr

Cheers mark

Barcrest

Sounds like it could be dead. The controller is being recognised but the touches are not, is the screen connected up to the controller?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

sirgsr

Hey all , I finally got the touch going on my juke box ...turns out if anyone comes across this again, I had the right drivers (elo touch v6) but being a acoustic touch... dirt is a massive issue, pulled out the screen and it was filthy dirty under the bezel, cleaned it reset and off she went  I assure you next question will actually relate to the software , probably when I get my second video card later in the week  to set up a second monitor for music videos :) thanks again for your help

sirgsr

BTW you were on the right track barcrest !

Barcrest

No worries, glad you got it sorted.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...