Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Runtime Error 380

Started by twocargar, May 26, 2016, 02:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocargar

Hi,

I bought and installed v8 on a Windows XP machine a couple years ago, and am looking to move it to a Windows 7 (64) machine, but I get a Runtime Error 380 when I try to build my database.  After a few days of troubleshooting and not getting anywhere (I've been reading up on Windows 7 errors on this forum) I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

My machine is running the latest Windows 7(64), and I've installed E-Touch in several different places (not the Program Files (x86) folder), set all of the exe files in the E-Touch folder to run as Administrator, tried to also run them in XP compatibility mode, turned off  my antivirus, ran Windows Updates, uninstalled, reinstalled countless times making sure all of the E-Touch exe files are set to run as administrator.  I'm out of ideas now after even trying to install XP on this machine (Gateway all in one, ZX6971, 4GB RAM, touch screen).

Any help would be appreciated.  I also still have the email with my key info from November 2014, but I'm not sure if I can download the latest v8 installer.

Thanks!

TCG

Barcrest

Your account has been upgraded to V8 access again (There was an issue with the server going down). Does the V9 demo work on your machine ok?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

twocargar

Quote from: Barcrest on May 26, 2016, 07:27:13 AM
Your account has been upgraded to V8 access again (There was an issue with the server going down). Does the V9 demo work on your machine ok?

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Before I tried my v8 install I did install and use v9 and it worked.

Mark Norville

If you are not strapped for cash, it might be worth you upgrading your status, you should be able to get lifetime (but do not quote me on that one) just speak to Barry and then you get version 9, 10 when it comes out. Version 9 is a lot more stable and has newer features than version 8. However it depends on if you do want those new features, but again you will access to new skins as well, being a lifetime subscriber. I am not sure how many extra skins there are, Barry needs to add more regarding the benefits of upgrading.

I myself am waiting for version 10 then I shall upgrade.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

twocargar

Thanks, Mark.  Yeah, I may do that. The software is outstanding!

This PC I'm using did have some hardware issues in the past, and I believe I've fixed them (bad RAM, bad power brick).  Since it was free, I want to make sure some version of E-Touch works before I sink anymore money into it.

8)

Norman Marshall

Could be hardware issue conflicting with software. Id put xp back on as v8 worked with that, when all is well with that then i would upgrade to win7 and get win 7 updates till theres non left its also possible that theres a qin 7 update needed for etouch to eun properly. I was using V8 until 2 weeks ago and i had no issues, but i got windows updates until there was none left you could also try updating the motherboard drivers especially the vga. Your v8 install may have become corupt so download the upto date v8 from the forum
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

twocargar

Interesting, thanks for the info.  I tried installing XP (this machine shipped with w7, my old PC has XP), and it blue screened.  It's a dual boot machine, and v9 worked on w8 but couldn't get v8 working.  I tried v8 on the w7 side with no luck.

I'll try VirtualBox with XP next--I thought I saw info on using VirtualBox on the forum, right?  I did try the latest v9 installer and it gets stuck when building the DB-like will sit there for hours.  ???

I was hoping to have a cool, almost free touch-screen PC for this.  At this point it's either VirtualBox with XP or try a fresh w7 install.

Mark Norville

The thing regarding operating systems is that you cannot trust the updates. I was going to add my views on this, about windows 7 updates and windows wanting you to update to 10. However I do not want to do that.

I am playing my jukebox which is a rare occasion for me, however despite updating windows 7 it I working perfectly however on my main machine, I go to websites that I should not, do need I say more, and it is slow and sluggish surfing the net etc.

However I will say that apart from Windows XP, 7 then Barry might not suggest going for these things and that he cannot recommend them. Your main machine needs to be just that really, however for Windows XP they did not have SATA in those days so unless you use a dodgy version of XP which might leave your system unprotected then always best to use offline and not update.

All what it takes is one dodgy update and any software can be ruined. Just look at windows 10 as a whole, I was a beta tester when it was fast, I soon switched back to 7 when it became a crawl. I just would not use it now or recommend it.

However I can say that eTouch does work especially 9 I brought when 9.04 which had bugs, however 9:024 is almost perfect, and looking forward to 10.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Norman Marshall

To be honest I would go for a fresh install of win7, format the hard drive and reinstall windows, because a runtime error 380 means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or registry entry, as well as a number of other causes. The immediate cause of the "runtime error 380" error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.

EDIT: your problem could also be that etouch doesn't run to good on a 64bit operating system, my jukebox is a 32bit win 7, you've stated yours is a 64bit win 7
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Norman Marshall

Did some intense testing over the weekend and here's my findings, I gave the download folder full access in the Properties security tab and nothing changed, still created the # folder and would only play the video within it, So I then did the same with the non mp3 tagger and I'm happy to say every video that was downloaded got tagged and played well, I downloaded now 93 and all played well, so far problem solved, Barry, would it be possible to code the tagger and download folder to automatically have full access?

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on May 30, 2016, 08:26:32 PM
Did some intense testing over the weekend and here's my findings, I gave the download folder full access in the Properties security tab and nothing changed, still created the # folder and would only play the video within it, So I then did the same with the non mp3 tagger and I'm happy to say every video that was downloaded got tagged and played well, I downloaded now 93 and all played well, so far problem solved, Barry, would it be possible to code the tagger and download folder to automatically have full access?

I don't know why changing the tagger.exe permissions solved your issue as the downloaded videos are tagged in app when they are downloaded. I did add the code to create the download folder which should mean it's created with the correct permissions but it only does this if it doesn't already exist.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...