Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

BLISSHQ

Started by Barcrest, June 08, 2016, 10:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Anyone tried this?

http://www.blisshq.com/

It apparently fixes up your collection and gets things like missing artwork etc. It's £30 but seems like it might be useful. If I had the time it's something I would like to code myself...
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

You get 100 free fixes to try it out with, however is it really worth the money though just to do something that should be done already when you tagged? I might download it and give it a go infact why not. Shall report back in a while.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Just tried it and personally I think it is over complicated shit, however it has put artwork into my folders that I tested on, but they are 500 x 500 I think you can select the size but I only had a two second play with it. I can imagine that there is another program like it somewhere that is freeware. I do not think that I would want to trust my collection with it though.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Yeah you don't get much for your trial but £30 isn't a huge amount to pay if it does the job. Vast parts of my library don't have the genre's tagged and I would have liked to use it just for this. Also grabbing the artwork would be nice especially since our AUDIODB functions don't work reliably any more. I suppose I could look at maybe coding something but it wouldn't be part of E-touch and would probably be a separate app that I too would charge for due to the amount of work involved. I don't like re-inventing the wheel though and as this already exists there doesn't seem much point.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

A quick look on the web has brought me to this, http://picard.musicbrainz.org/ I had forgotten about it as it was something I was going to look at previously. Maybe this will do what I want.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Audio db doesn't work anymore?!  I have my pc running config since last night trying to pull images from audio db.

Mark Norville

Quote from: Risim on June 08, 2016, 12:38:58 PM
Audio db doesn't work anymore?!  I have my pc running config since last night trying to pull images from audio db.

Ooops shafted lol

Barry have you thought about fanarttv and getting an api from them and trying to do something with them? I remember years ago there was a program called blackspider or widow I think it was, you would put in a url address and it would go through every page and download stuff. It might still be about although I am probably going off topic there.

Right time for the shops, get the beers in for tonight just incase I win the lottery, I need something to celebrate with.

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on June 08, 2016, 12:38:58 PM

It was pulling down HTML files and labelling them as the JPG's. This is to do with something called cloudflare they have running blocking too many requests. It is used to help prevent DOS attacks but i think they have it set too strong, i didn't hear back when I asked them about it. This has reminded me to do a search for 4k images and remove them from my fanart.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

K My computer successfully pulled logos, fanart, banners and bios from audio db without any problems. Yeah!!

Barcrest

Quote from: Risim on June 08, 2016, 08:34:22 PM
K My computer successfully pulled logos, fanart, banners and bios from audio db without any problems. Yeah!!

Good News, maybe they have made the changes.

Jukebox Stats...

acejas

I've been using the paid version of BlissHQ for the last 2 years.

His blog opens up a lot of ideas I had ignored or not thought of (ie featured artists, Genre classifications and how different appliances use tags).
There is a bit of a learning curve if you've never worked with regular expressions (I've had a basic understanding in MP3TAG and Total Commander).

I changed my file structure significantly from <drive>\Genre\Artist\Album\Title to leaving out Genre. (I still miss the genre folder due to easily drilling down to finding music and my genre list was small. The biggest thing that I learned and took on was the ALBUM ARTIST tag and how important it is. This tag IMO is the most important when sorting files out and is never tagged properly - this is where a tagging program (I use MP3TAG) to sort that out alot quicker than Bliss. If you know something is out of whack, I find it easier using a tagging program.

If you have a relatively messy MP3 collection it won't really help you - most of us in this forum won't be in this category - having inconsistent names and folders makes it harder for bliss to work.

I still use MP3tag with Bliss when I haven't left a pile of files unsorted but that has become less and less. TBH my music listening and sorting hasn't been touched all this year.

I still haven't used bliss to it's fullest extent - I like the feature that you just run it in the background and it does it's stuff  and you come back and it's all done. My main use is getting covers and using it as program to see what albums are not compliant. I've found a lot of cover art that I didn't have and better quality images. I never use to be anal about all tags but now I have YEAR as an easy fix.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely -  to collectors such as in this forum. Th program has got faster and with more features and customisation  requested by end users.
I really don't like the trial because it really doesn't show its true capabilities with only a handful of albums. The other caveat is make sure you have a full understanding with a sample of your collection or even a backup of your collection and check when using automatic setup.

If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask.

cheers

ecbrad

Like you Jas as you're aware I'm pretty anal when it comes to tagging/sorting with the exception of Genres. I limit mine to about 30 genres when the kids today seem to have about 5000. I'd like to expand my genre labeling a little.

Brad

Barcrest

I am tempted to take the plunge, my library is far from a mess but it could do with a lot of work to polish up missing genre and year tags at least..

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

wont work on windows 10
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

ecbrad