Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Skin Tool - Main Screen

Started by berrywell, August 04, 2016, 07:41:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Sorry for what may seem yet another obvious question, I'm currently working my way around the skin tool.

The thing is, I can't seem to see what the purpose of the Main Screen is for? When I look at the other skins, they all seem to have the album page as the 'home' page, rather than the main screen.

So my question is, what is the purpose of the actual 'Main Screen', is it a screen to showcase the Jukebox, i.e. a constant scrolling srceen showing things like a random charts page, or a most played album or songs?

Regards

Tel.

Mark Norville

Honest answer is have not got a fookin clue, only Barry really knows the reason behind that, as you never really edit that, although I think has certain things that you can move around such as the credits.

However you soon realise that you need to ignore the main screen and build up all the other pages, when I started learning how to skin the main screen made no sense to me and it was frustrating trying to think that you had to skin that.

The main screen might have to be there to hold the thing in place and it loads the different pages into that.

Next time try to ask a simpler question lol
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

The main screen is in effect the actual windows form that everything else sits on top of. All the other screens are like pages that sit on top of that main screen.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Thank you both for your replies

So basically, the main screen is simply the 'container window' for all the other pages.

At least I now know not to put any effort at all into that.  ;D