Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Help M/B blew

Started by Gaucho, August 23, 2016, 11:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaucho

Hi Guys,

As some of you may know I have customised Windows (32 bit) a lot to run a commercial Juke That decided to go pop over the weekend. I decided to buy a 64 bit system (without O/S) to replace it without thinking about all the software I have installed on the 32 bit.

My main concern is the settings for the ipac/coin acceptor and various boot logos etc, maybe event ghost and autohotkey and of course my licence for etouch.

I still have my 32bit HD so can I just throw this in the 64bit system and obviously up date any new hardware drivers. Then upgrade to a 64 bit O/S without losing all my apps and settings?

Also Barry, will I need a new licence key?

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

A hard drive will work on any system the motherboard is just a motherboard you will not get the benefits of using a 32 bit o/s on a 64 bit system, but to be honest there is not a lot of difference. The biggest difference you can get is using XP to 7 and further on.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

It does let you use more than 4gb of ram but that is pretty much it. In terms of the jukebox working any better I wouldn't have thought so. I just thought sticking with the drive you have already configured would have been the quickest option to get you back up and running.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

O.K. I'll give it a go.

Just need to flash the bios because it came with a 64bit version which apparently won't work with 32bit O/S.

It will be quicker than re-loading progs, drivers and settings.

Barcrest

I have never heard of a bios being 64bit os only, sounds odd.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

One of these UEFI jobs, pain in the arse but eventually got the old drive to load but getting 32bit drivers for the onboard graphics etc is being a pain.

Anyway, I have my credit module settings which I actually found in and old etouch 8 back up (keycredit.dat).

Just need to try and remember why I installed eventghost?

Gaucho

Right, found most of what I did to my system explained here http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=4853.msg36302#msg36302

Thank god for this forum acting as my notepad :-)

Barcrest

Ah yes i know those boards, you have to switch it back to legacy. I have had some fun with those downgrading from windows 8 to 7 in the past. At least you seem to be on track now though :)

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Yeah, the original BIOS didn't have the legacy option. Just updated it and now it does after being most of the way through re-setting up etouch  :tommy

Barcrest

Hopefully it shouldn't take long to get back up and running.

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Hi Barry,

Are you getting my PM's coz they are not appearing in my sent folder.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on August 28, 2016, 06:21:47 PM
Hi Barry,

Are you getting my PM's coz they are not appearing in my sent folder.

Yeah i have got them today, i have been away.

Jukebox Stats...