Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Search Results Screen

Started by berrywell, September 09, 2016, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I'm currently trying to skin the 'Search Results Page' and an odd thing is happening in the skin tool.

When I right click the buttons to change them to the new ones I've made, the button I clicked on doesn't change and it alters a completely different button. This occurs with several of the buttons, the arrows seem to change fine but others, such at 'Search All' I cannot get this to change at all.

I've loaded up the two other skins bundled with E-Touch and the same anomaly occurs with those too.

Is it just me with this problem or is anyone else having these problems? I am using the very latest Skin Tool, which Barry released in the last week or so.

Regards,
Tel.

Mark Norville

I've not had that problem, I just tried it and was ok my end. I am using an older version of 10 though so cannot say what has been released recently,

I just right click, change graphic and then click on ok, when you just press enter it screws up the screen.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Thanks Mark for checking.

This is the first page it's done this to me, all the other pages that I've managed to get skin so far have been fine so I have no idea what's going on with this page.  :(

It just seems to be the 'Search All', 'Search Karaoke', 'Search Video' & 'Search Audio' that won't alter correctly. When I right click to change the 'Search Video' button, after I select the new button and click OK, it changes the down arrow button instead, very bizarre!

I am changing the buttons in the way that you've described, I do not press enter I only click on OK, I'll now see if I can configure the .ini file and get the buttons working that way.

berrywell

Quick update..

After doing some digging around the .ini files, it would appear that the skin tool isn't writing correctly to the search_tab_v2.ini file, this appears to be causing the problems, I've been able to alter this file manually and I am back on my way again. Hopefully this could be checked out at some point though.

Mark Norville

I will say this before Barry does, are you running Skin tool as administrator? If you are not then make sure you run as admin.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Bug confirmed, i have fixed this. I will make a 10.0.1 release later.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Barry, thanks for confirming this is a bug and you've now managed to rectify it,  :) I was beginning to wonder if it was a fault at my end.

Mark, yes I run all the Jukebox programs in admin mode, in fact my PC wouldn't allow my to run the Skin Tool program without it in Admin mode, the first time I loaded the skin tool up it just threw up some errors (performance?) and asked me if I wanted to run it in future in admin mode, which I agreed to and it's been fine since  :)

Barcrest

I think you are the first person in a long while to use the skintool extensively and that must be why you are finding these bugs, i think coffee was just editting ini files towards the end.

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

Quote from: Barcrest on September 11, 2016, 03:53:07 PM
I think you are the first person in a long while to use the skintool extensively and that must be why you are finding these bugs, i think coffee was just editting ini files towards the end.

Coughs what am I? Scotch mist? Lol

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 11, 2016, 04:07:40 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on September 11, 2016, 03:53:07 PM

Coughs what am I? Scotch mist? Lol

You didn't find the bugs berry well did and these would have been in there for a while.

Jukebox Stats...