Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Playlist Screen - Skin Tool

Started by berrywell, September 15, 2016, 03:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I'm back again with yet more queries...

I'm currently skinning the 'Playlist Screen' but unfortunately I've come across a problem.

I can change the buttons on the playlist screen to new ones perfectly fine but when I save it, close the Skin Tool & reload it again, the new buttons aren't there. The position on screen and sizes have been saved OK but the actual buttons haven't, it displays the original stock buttons again.

Is anyone else having this problem with the Playlist Screen?

Mark Norville

I am just reinstalling eTouch so I will have a look in a while for you. I just got to generate the libraries first. Shall report back in about 30 mins or so.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Again it is working perfectly fine for me. The two problems that you are having are not happening on my system. I swear it is a bug with the new update.

I just changed the reject button, moved it from its default position, moved it to one side, changed the graphic, moved it down the screen, changed size and then saved.

I can do videos of this as my history and play list screen are absolutely fine.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure what's wrong with it but it may be my end as Widows did an update a couple days ago.

What I have noticed though, late last night when I loaded the new skin into the main Jukebox program to test, the new buttons are all displayed fine on the playlist screen. When I went back to the Skin Tool program the 'stock' buttons are still displayed, it's bizarre.
I will check the ini files later and see if they have updated fine and take it from there.

Mark Norville

Send me a PM with your email addy, I will send you the skin tool version that I have. Give that a try and see if it works for you.

Barcrest

This time I can't see a bug, all the playlist screens load fine for me.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

I've tried both versions of the Skin Tool I have here version 9.0.25 & 10.0.1 both these version give the error I'm mentioning.

No matter what skin I load into the skin too, the buttons are always the exact same ones, instead of the buttons for that actual skin.
I run the skin tool in Admin mode, I even tried it on the Jukebox computer itself (running windows 10) and this still gives the same anomaly.

The important thing is though, it's saving the correct button locations in the .ini file.

Mark Norville

I wouldn't run Windows 10 to be honest. I was a beta tester, it was great to start with, then it slowed and it was gone. I was tempted to get a SSD before the free trial to put it on, but I didn't in the end. I am running windows 7 64 bit so your problems might be because of running windows 10 or possibly.

Gaucho

Just a thought, are the new buttons named exactly the same as the original and have you removed the original buttons from the images folder.

Not sure this is how you are suppose to do it, but that's what I do when I change any images for a skin.

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on September 16, 2016, 12:22:38 PM
I wouldn't run Windows 10 to be honest. I was a beta tester, it was great to start with, then it slowed and it was gone. I was tempted to get a SSD before the free trial to put it on, but I didn't in the end. I am running windows 7 64 bit so your problems might be because of running windows 10 or possibly.

Hi Mark,
Oops, I should have made it clear, my fault, the main Jukebox is indeed running Windows 10, however the Skin Tool I'm using is on my main PC running good ole Windows 7 64bit (in admin mode), I only tried the skin tool quickly on the Jukebox PC (win 10) to see if I had the exact same problem as my main PC & it did.

I am like you, I don't like Windows 10 but as that PC is exclusively for use by the Jukebox software and nothing else, it does it's job. I would hate to have it on my main PC though.

Quote from: Gaucho on September 16, 2016, 12:23:38 PM
Just a thought, are the new buttons named exactly the same as the original and have you removed the original buttons from the images folder.

Not sure this is how you are suppose to do it, but that's what I do when I change any images for a skin.

Hi Gaucho,
The images folder was completely empty, I didn't have any original image/button files in there, the skin tool just seems to show them originally from some sort of internal library, until they are changed.
I don't know if the buttons are named the same, an interesting thought, I will check later on when I get home from work.

I wished I had a screen recorder so I could show you all what is exactly happening.

Mark Norville

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Screen-Video-Recorder.htm

This what I use and it does the job and is free. I then upload to youtube which you can do in the program I think. I am reinstalling everything again so have not used it in a while.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Thanks Mark for that link, I shall have a look at it over the weekend.

As for the original problem, I've altered the .ini file directly so it's sorted.  :)

Barcrest

Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...