News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Get a bigger monitor you pauper (768 x 1366)

Started by Mark Norville, September 30, 2016, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Norville

Well I cannot let Berrywell have all the praise can I?

Graphics are basic at the moment but I just want something up and running quickly so pretty much a beta version as I really want to improve the design a lot more.

The design is for people on portrait mode and ideally with a 32 inch touch screen monitor. At the moment I have done hard graphics on the album view but I might look at album frames as this is designed for 20 albums on the main screen, which I have as newly added albums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLLlB5Pjsi8

Like all my skins that I think up, it is designed for basic use and no swipes and some useless features removed such as volume buttons and play pause. It is designed to get the music playing as fast as possible and aimed at the home market rather than commercial usage.

The skin of course is not called Get a bigger monitor you pauper, however if you are really passionate about your jukebox you really need a 32 inch or bigger as it really is sex on legs. Still at least it is an original name and I am thinking outside of the box, unlike Berrywell oh lets call my skin Black and Red just because it is black and red.

Damm I hate you now lol

I am going to nick your graphics ;)

Regards

Mark

Not at all jealous
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Looks like a sound leisure venue hub i like it.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Looks good, I see you had another attempt at the vinyl wrapping with a bit more success.

If you don't mind me asking, how much for the 32" touch screen.

Mark Norville

No not touched the wrapping to be honest, it is just a better camera angle, I will have another go at it eventually.

I paid £169 for the monitor and delivery I think it was, which was dirty cheap. I had won another auction for a newer model at £200 plus I was looking at £50 for delivery but they kept messing me around and I did not want to lose out on the monitor.

I was tempted by a 24 inch but to be honest once you have your mind wanting something big, you have to go for it. I could have just used my 20 inch but just didn't feel the same.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Just in case any one else is looking for a 32 inch monitor http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elo-touch-screen-monitor-tyco-electronics-32-HD-TV-touchsystems-arcade-machine-/162219477864?hash=item25c508cb68:g:bDcAAOSw65FXq2ag UK only.

I was going to purchase this before but due to slow emails I ordered from somewhere else. However I was originally going to pay £200 for this, and then I factored in £50 for postage. Yet they have put it back on to auction for £150 and £30 delivery.

The guy at the auction end might ask you to cancel the auction to save on eBay fees but he seems genuine, but please do not hold me to this, make sure you pay via Paypal or credit card.

I think that you might get this for £180 to £200 so it will be a bargain especially for a touch screen monitor of this size. I paid £150 I think it was for a 20 inch touch screen god knows how many years back, and I paid £169 inc delivery for my 32 inch.

If you are serious about your jukebox and can build cabinets you really want to take a look at a 32 inch screen. If I had a bigger place and more money, I would seriously buy another one.

I would still have been tempted to be honest, but I just brought or rather need to pay for a MSI 780 ti graphics card, and I am looking at a 3 TB hard drive as well this week as it is £40 cheaper than a 4tb version.

It is a bargain if you want to snap it up, and have the money.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

Ok so it is 4am just gone in the morning and I thought that I would post an update of sorts. The design in the video has gone, and work has started on a new skin and I have to thank Berrywell, Barry and Coffee for this.

I am not a graphical person, or really a skin designer more a hobbyist with OCD that wants the best, and nothing else will do.

Berrywell posted yesterday in relation to once something fits into place, then it all flows, I knew this deep down, which is why I was never 100% happy with the designs that I had tried before, always starting but then getting side tracked  and having skins wanting to be finished.

The skin that I started yesterday is literally looking the dogs rollocks, it makes me happy and content looking at it, infact my neck is aching as I keep looking back and thinking "Yeah that is the one"

It is that good that if I never make a skin again, I will be happy.

At the moment the main screen is semi complete but I know what I want to add, after that pretty much the rest is easy enough.

I am not going to do a demo until complete, however I am going to be working on this daily so hopefully finished by Christmas 2027.

It really, really, really is something special.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

Ok my OCD is kicking in. I might bring this design back from the dead. I am sat watching the video as just woke up and although it is ugly in design but it holds 20 albums on the main screen, yet with my new design it only holds 8.

I love big covers more so than navigation, I can tart up the graphics a bit, but at 3am it is screaming at me.

:tommy This seems pretty apt. I just want that one skin that has EVERYTHING and I will get there.

God I hate jukeboxes lol