Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Changing jump to letter box in skintool

Started by kevinlpowercom, September 22, 2016, 03:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinlpowercom

Hi,
  I am currently making the Blue Neon skin into 1920X1080.  How can I get the jump to letter pop up box to center the letter and change the back ground in the box?  I have tried to grab a new image in the skin tool but it doesn't seem to like it and it keeps what looks like the player image in it.  I have also tried changing the ini files but nothing changes.

Thanks,

Kevin

berrywell

Hi Kevin,

I wished I could help you with this but unfortunately I've been unable to alter this little window either. It always defaults back to the player background image and it appears the letter position cannot be moved/centred etc. Whether this is a bug or just that's how it's hard coded I don't know; but I suspect the latter.

Does anyone else know?

Tel.

Mark Norville

Grabbing the background is pretty hard but it does work if I understand what you are talking about. However you need to try it a few times and you need to go to combo 1 box, and select something else, and then grab, eventually it will fill the background but it is fiddly.

As for the letters, I cannot say at the moment as I am still up in the air with everything at the moment, as been formatting and installing a couple of computers and then waiting for deliveries so I am not up to speed.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I am not sure what you are trying to do, are you making a slider like the BnB skin had?
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Hi.
  No,  in the Blue Neon skin, when you hit a letter button to go to a page, a box pops up with that letter in it.  The letter is not centered in the box and I can't seem to change the back ground in the box.

Mark Norville

You need to have a file I think called background or something like that, you click on grab background button in texture view, that fills the box with colour, but it takes a while to get it to do so.

It is a hassle but after a few tries it does happen, as for centring the letter, that probably falls down to a bug or possibly, it is the same as song facts, it hides most of what it should show and hides in a corner.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Ah that is hard coded. I will check the filename used and let you know. I will alter the label so it is centred.

Jukebox Stats...

Barcrest

The label should be centered and there isn't a specified image to load for that, it should be a plain black background with white letters centered.

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on September 27, 2016, 12:51:14 PM
The label should be centered and there isn't a specified image to load for that, it should be a plain black background with white letters centered.

I assume Kevin will say the same, the pop up window when pressing the 'jump-to' buttons is offset to the left hand side of the screen, it's not centred. The background has the same background in it as my player, it's not blank.

Whether the centre alignment is because we're both using a 1920x1080 resolution, I don't know.

Barcrest

I might not be looking at the same thing...

Jukebox Stats...