News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

E-Bay Listing - A potential DIY project..

Started by berrywell, January 27, 2017, 09:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Quote from: Gaucho on January 29, 2017, 12:31:35 PM
I recognise that skin as well. By the way don't slag it off to much, look under delivery on the right hand side  ;)

(yes I know it's a place in Wales)

lol. it took me a couple of moments to get what you meant about the delivery  ;D

Mark Norville

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

I am pretty sure like most sales on ebay that software is unlicenced.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Mark Norville

I know the software and trust me it is very hard to copy, unless they are doing something that I don't know about. The license is on your computer, it is based on your mobo, if you take the hard drive out and use it in another computer, it will not work, you need to request a new key.

I am not sure what is happening with that software now, as they have not updated for a long while, it is still 5.0 and has been for god knows how long. Customer support is almost none according to the forum, it was what I was using before I took the plunge into this.

And I have hated you lot ever since lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Well, I've now received my Jukebox case from the eBay listing mentioned in the first post, it arrived around half 5 this morning!

It certainly looks the business, needs a bit of a clean up though and there are a few scratches on the silver metallic but to be honest I was expecting this anyway.
I'm currently waiting for it to warm up in the back room before I dare power it up, fingers crossed it's still working. It currently looks fine.

However, the biggest shock for me, as I never researched this bit, was how heavy this beast is. It weighs over 7 stone and really needs two people to lift it, if I had known this beforehand, I would have never purchased it.
I may rip out the amp and use Bluetooth audio to my Hi-Fi, this may help lighten it slightly.

Anyway, I've got it now and will see what I can do with it.

Regards
bw

Mark Norville

7 stone is about 98 pounds are you 100% sure about the weight? If you are check walls first see what you are placing on stone brick plaster etc.

I am on tablet till tommorrow as been system building but YouTube toggler heavy duty wall mounts.

I will try and find links tomorrow when on pc

berrywell

Just to update from my earlier post, in case anyone is even remotely interested.

The monitor powered up fine, I plugged it into a temporary PC just so I could check it.
I had a few problems getting the touch screen to work initially but after nosing around the internet I finally found a driver to work with Windows 7 and now it's working fine.

I just have to build a PC into it now.

Quote from: Mark Norville on February 10, 2017, 07:40:48 PM
7 stone is about 98 pounds are you 100% sure about the weight? If you are check walls first see what you are placing on stone brick plaster etc.

I am on tablet till tommorrow as been system building but YouTube toggler heavy duty wall mounts.

I will try and find links tomorrow when on pc

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, yes I'm about correct with weight, when I finally tracked down the specification on the SL website this evening (whilst looking for the drivers), they claim the Sound Post II (which I have) is 48 KG, it currently doesn't have the PC in it, so maybe reduce that by 2 or 3 KGs.

Believe me, it's unbelievably heavy :(

Mark Norville

I think my monitor was 30 alone. I will have to check when on PC.

I cannot see ripping out the amp will make much difference on weight. I would really check sound quality first before thinking about that.

Too crisp the sound the less authentic it will feel. E.g you might as well buy a CD than having a pub experience.

Remember to look at toggle bolts though for the weight

Mark Norville

Here is a youtube video just incase your walls are plasterboard, they are called snap toggles, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECDysfNhx_E

I brought some of them, but my walls were not deep enough to get them through, just take a fools advice measure the height and make sure you centre everything first, and then double and treble check.

When I put my monitor up, I had no step ladders and only myself to lift it up, I drilled holes too high for the weight of the monitor, I then drilled holes too far left, so it did not look central.

Made a mess of the walls, but finally got it to be a almost happy place, although I am jealous that you have a cabinet, although I put wrap on the monitor, it still looks like a monitor.

Still something to do maybe this year and look at a box or something.

berrywell

I'm lucky enough to have some proper solid block walls that I can fix the Jukebox to, I wouldn't dare fix it to a stud wall, I'd always be panicking that the plasterboard would simply 'rip out'.
The big problem for me at the moment is the weight of the unit, it really needs two people to move it around, which makes it extremely difficult to work on it.

Anyway, it will now be placed to one side for the time being, basically until I start getting some computer parts to place in it and get it up and running like a true pub juke.

ecbrad

Damn I thought my Fuji Film Kiosks were heavy. I wouldn't mount yours even on a brick wall.

Brad

berrywell

Having spoke to a few other people yesterday about the weight of it, including my parents, all seem to be very wary about wall mounting it, even on a block/brick wall.

So, unsure what to do about it all now.

Mark Norville

It will be fine, remember these things are put up on walls every where in pubs, if there was a major issue regarding weight, they would have not been in pubs.

Just make sure that you have the right bolts for it, did it come with any?

If I can put up a 30 kg monitor on breeze block walls and MDF, you would be ok if brick.

It is all about the fittings, if in doubt ask a TV wall mounter to do it for you.

Barcrest

My Video Surfer is probably even heavier which is why it is in the garage doing nothing  :downer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Quote from: Barcrest on February 13, 2017, 11:36:24 AM
My Video Surfer is probably even heavier which is why it is in the garage doing nothing  :downer

I've got a horrible feeling that's where my Juke cab is going to end up as well.. :-\