Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Levelling out sound

Started by leggsy, February 14, 2017, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leggsy

Hi All,

I have just completed my latest jukebox build. A long time coming after my first about 5 years or so ago. Everything is good, Album covers, Fanart, music and videos playing on a second monitor...  :beer But I have one problem...

I have around 6000 wma files for my music and 500 mp4 files for the videos. Across these files the sound level can fluctuate which is quite apparent as the sound is played though a surround sound in a fairly large room.

I understand that etouch uses Windows media player to play the files, so is it possible to tag the files to adjust the player rather than physically rip the files again at an identical level?  If this is possible, does anyone know of a tagging tool that can calculate the adjustment on wma files en masse?

Many Thanks.

Leggsy

Mark Norville

Hi Leggsy,

I am not sure if this will work for wma as it is a format, I would not touch to be honest. You can get attachments for this such as aac gain

http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

leggsy

Cheers Mark,

Looks like this is for MP3 only, but so long as the media player is checking the tags I'll search for a wma version :)

Thanks again.

Leggsy

Mark Norville

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

kevinlpowercom

Try Cleason Edwards Breakaway Audio Enhancer.  It works like a champ for leveling the sound level.

Kevin

leggsy

Cheers Mark and Kevin,

I am sure I'll be able to sort it now... Many thanks gents!

Once I've had a read and a play I'll report back!

Thanks again.

Leggsy

Barcrest

Quote from: kevinlpowercom on February 14, 2017, 11:58:03 PM
Try Cleason Edwards Breakaway Audio Enhancer.  It works like a champ for leveling the sound level.

Kevin

From here?

http://www.claessonedwards.com/

The site seems to be down or broken for me
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Gaucho

If you're on windows 7 there is a volume normalize feature. Not perfect but works well enough on my juke.

Barcrest

Quote from: Gaucho on February 16, 2017, 09:09:27 AM
If you're on windows 7 there is a volume normalize feature. Not perfect but works well enough on my juke.

This is only for certain soundcards. I couldn't find it on my windows 7 machine.

Jukebox Stats...

kevinlpowercom

Barcrest

Has a new site.

http://www.breakawayone.com/

Looks good but i can't really test it out properly at the moment.

Jukebox Stats...