Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

The Searching 'Page/Screen'

Started by berrywell, March 15, 2017, 10:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

Hi all,

Is it possible to stop the 'searching' screen from being full screen in E-Touch?

I have been experimenting with some full screen ideas but the searching screen seems to override everything. The perfect example is when using the decades feature, when it's searching for a new month or year, the searching icon just takes over the entire screen.
I have tried altering the search page in the skin tool but this doesn't seem to do anything, when looking in the searching_v2.ini there is nothing obvious to make any difference to this.

It would be nice to be able to set the size and position of this feature/page.

Does anyone know if this is even possible or is it hard coded in E-Touch itself?

Mark Norville

It looks as if it is hard coded. I just looked at skin tool, and could not find a page to edit. As soon as I edit the search pages, then can try and find out more.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Oops, you're right, there isn't a searching page to alter in the skin tool, I don't know what I was thinking about on that one so, like you say, it's probably hard coded.
There is a searching_v2.ini though but this doesn't appear to do anything.

Barcrest

Yeah it is hard coded to be full screen so people don't click anything whilst that is happening.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

berrywell

Ahh right, yeah, that would make sense Barry. I can now see why you've coded it that way.