Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Various Artist-

Started by brendan17k, March 30, 2017, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendan17k

Does anybody know of an easy way to organize all your various albums better? For example : The 8 mile soundtrack is various artist. ....Instead of the complete 8 mile album coming up, i would like it to seperate all the songs to go by their artist. Like all the eminem songs go into a eminem various songs album and all the 50 cent songs to go by his name instead of the music seperate from the artist? Does this make sense lol? Thanks in advance.

Mark Norville

God not you again, bloody hell man, you was peaceful for days, now bloody yak yak lol

Yes it makes plenty of sense, that you are bloody a pain in the backside lol

Firstly you can tag the artist name as the album name when you are tagging. Artist name - album artist

As I do not know what tagging system you use, I cannot help further

In config 9 you can use album name on compilations, so instead of having Various Artists, it will be 8 mile soundtrack

If you let me know how you tag then I can tell you how to tag faster by using actions and short cuts, unless you know how to do this already?

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

brendan17k

Quote from: Mark Norville on March 30, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
God not you again, bloody hell man, you was peaceful for days, now bloody yak yak lol

Yes it makes plenty of sense, that you are bloody a pain in the backside lol

Firstly you can tag the artist name as the album name when you are tagging. Artist name - album artist

As I do not know what tagging system you use, I cannot help further

In config 9 you can use album name on compilations, so instead of having Various Artists, it will be 8 mile soundtrack

If you let me know how you tag then I can tell you how to tag faster by using actions and short cuts, unless you know how to do this already?

Regards

Mark

LOL! Thanks again... Im just getting started here! I have this massive slop of music collection. Once I get it all figured out, I will leave you alone I promise lol. I wish I could just pay someone to set this up for me the way I want. Im a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this kind of stuff. My time is limited with 2 small ones! I do appreciate the help very much :beer

Mark Norville

I think we are all the same to be honest, when it comes to what and how we want things. I took time off before Christmas even before that really, I got fed up of skinning, tagging the whole lot basically.

I started to get back into it, and I thought right I want to go to the start, have every single single, every album, have everything perfect.

I started it, I had done most of 2017, then I would have gone for 2016 etc. I then thought can I really be flooking arsed doing all this crap?

Do I really want to spend all day at my computer, tagging for six hours or more a day, do I get a medal for having every single single or album in the World?

No I don't, so I have tried to change what and how I am doing things, and being less anal about things.

I am trying to tag the music I have to which I have tagged, had a new idea, tagged again, went back to the first idea and it is a never ending circle.

I done this video a few days ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUGTrk3Nwo&t=38s about tagging singles

As you can see about 12 seconds, I had the artist fanart page, I had the wikipedia page, the discography page, and I was then putting albums into studio albums, compliations, live etc etc I was trying to do the full ten yards.

If I want to finish off my back catalogue, plus new stuff, I haven't got that time.

Anyway I am waffling on here, but the moral to this story is.

Do not try to be PERFECT as it does not work, life is too short if you have a lot of compliations, soundtracks etc, you can do short cuts.

BUT one tip I will give you for £129.98 a discount of 2p.

LESS IS MORE

Again waffling on here, but no one else listens to me now, but as you are new, I can bore the shit out of you.

Say for example you love Elvis and only wanted Elvis songs on there, you could make it the best jukebox in the World, but if you want every artist in the World, it is going to be shit, unless you can employ staff to do everything for you.

One final, I have wanted videos only simply because for modern music for example they are the best songs, simply because music videos cost so much money.

You could say for example fill your jukebox just based on compliations of Now albums split them into singles and a lot of tracks that you would probaly listen to.

Anyway shutting up now.

Regards

Mark

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.