Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Exclusive Skin Option

Started by kelso1, March 24, 2017, 02:13:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelso1

I am debating which option to get and would like some feedback regarding this. With the basic version ($35) you get a home version, but for a bit more you get access to "exclusive skins". I cannot find any information to what this means. Can I not download new skins with the basic version? My skin preference is to have a touchtunes clone so when I host a party, people can use the program without having full control of the options. Is there a Cue list integrated in the program?

Mark Norville

In answer to your questions as I cannot sleep.

The $35 version is a basic version which comes with two skins, it offers free updates for that version that you purchase at the moment that is version 10.

The $70 which is lifetime and access to private skins

You can download new skins with the $35 version, if a skinner decides to make the skin available to the public.

If you are graphical and can spend some time with the skin tool, pretty much you can design anything that you want. I am not graphical nor a skinner, however, I learnt how to use the skin tool and I can design what ever my imagination comes up with, or copy a design.

I shall answer your other question now, that I have some coffee.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

The $35 version, which is currently E-Touch V10.1.3, will give you access to the following skins:-

Touch Genie Pattern (default skin)
SxxLxxS PNG (bundled with the E-Touch Software)

There are also several skins available, in different resolutions and orientations from the V10 Skin Section, which you would access to.

Quote from: kelso1 on March 24, 2017, 02:13:55 AM
My skin preference is to have a touchtunes clone so when I host a party, people can use the program without having full control of the options.

While there are no exact clones of a TouchTunes skin, due to copyright restrictions, the closest skin available to one of theirs would probably be the Neon Post skin (1280x960 resolution) which is available in the V10 section.

For the party mode, you can do one of two things...
1.) Put a pin code access to the options, so if anyone clicked on the options button, they couldn't have access without entering the correct pin number.
2.) Go into the E-Touch options and untick the 'Options' button so it wouldn't show on screen. To access the options then, you would have to press the Escape key on the keyboard.

There are still more skins currently being worked on.

After this, all I can do is echo what Mark has already said.

kelso1

Looks like it is the lifetime for me then. Do you plan to offer a version for the Raspberry Pi micro pc at any point in time?

Barcrest

Current version will run on a windows pi setup.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kelso1

Barcrest

Well you need to load windows onto pi and it will work fine, personally I prefer using a windows tablet. You can get a 7" windows tablet for around £20 second hand so it is a super cheap way of getting up and running.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

kelso1

Ok. I have Windows 10 IOT to load on a pi3. I'll work on it.