Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Run-Time Error '0' - with slider

Started by berrywell, April 13, 2017, 05:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I'm just messing around with the slider feature to try & get used to how this works in the skin tool but I keep getting the above Run-Time Error '0'.

It doesn't matter whether I select vertical or horizontal versions of the slider, when I click on it and drag it to a new area of the album screen, as soon as I release the left mouse button, the error occurs and then the program closes.
I've tried with Coffee's TouchGenie skin and bizarrely I can move that around no problem at all, it's only on a newly created skin this occurs.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or is it just me?

Mark Norville

I will give it a try my end but I have never used the slider, I hate it to be honest. Give me a few mins shall try now
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Works fine my end I just added it to album view, saved and loaded the skin, I did not have any letters or graphics but I could pull it down and it would change to something else.

I am using 10.0 of the skin tool, an early version so might be a bug in a newer version.

Just done this video to show it was fine my end https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pqsmBhCceg&feature=youtu.be
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Hi Mark,

Thanks for trying this out for me.

What I'm actually talking about though is the slider position in the skin tool itself, not the Jukebox program.
When I try and position the Slider tab in the skin tool to where ever I want it to display on the album page, as soon as I release the left mouse button this error occurs. I've tried assigning the slider button to the graphic button but this hasn't solved it either, I just can't seem to work out why it's doing this.
I haven't changed any settings in the skin tool, I'm still running it in admin mode etc. very frustrating.

I will keep digging around, there's bound to be something I'm not doing correctly.

Mark Norville

Is this what you mean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8RvkYiWENQ&feature=youtu.be or have you attached graphics to the slider and then it stops working?

Either way I have no problem moving around a basic slider in skin tool.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Aye, that's what I mean Mark, yours is fine so it's my end :( damn it.
I instantly get a run-time error as soon as I let go of the slider tab.

Mark Norville

What version of skin tool are you using?

The video is done on skin tool 10.0.0 so if you are using something newer than that, as I say it could be a bug in that version.

If you are using the same version as I am, not sure what is happening your end.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

The skin tool I'm using is 10.0.1 but I'm sure it's something my end.
I will have to do a through investigation to find out what's going on, just need to see if anyone else suffered the same error as me or not.
Thank you for investigating though. :)

Mark Norville

If you wanted, send me version 10.1 and I can test it my end just to make sure that it isn't you, I can't see Barry minding and I can delete it afterwards, either that or wait until Barry can test it.

You have my email I think

Regards

Mark

berrywell

I was only playing with this feature, it's not something I'm really that bothered about. I quickly tried this on my all in one PC (I don't normally skin on that) and moving the slider worked fine on it, so it's not Skin Tool related problem, it's my main PC.
To be honest, I was only going through the skin tool and trying out some of the other features that I've either instantly ignored or dragged off to the side to see how they worked.

Mark Norville

Cool news not a bug then. It seems weird that it works on one pc and not another though, are you using the same skin tool?

Barcrest

You could try install the vb6 sp6 and see if that fixes it.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...