Main Menu

Default skin

Started by ahurle, April 04, 2017, 10:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahurle

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahurle

Hi Mark. I'm sorry, I can't see your YouTube clip, it too small to see what you're typing so I'm not sure what I should be typing in CMD.

Mark Norville

Just follow the text guide then on previous page
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ahurle

I'm lost at step 2. I'm not really any good with computers. Is the etouch directory where the .exe file is saved?

Mark Norville

Good job I have trouble sleeping, had to boot up the office PC as realised you might not know DOS

Bare with me, I shall try and make it fool proof for you

Ok this is so idiot proof that even forest gump can follow

1) Load up notepad or any text editor.

2) Type in etouch10.exe /i

3) Save file choose typ
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

ahurle

I'm in cmd
C:\Documents and Settings\jukebox>
is what comes up automatically. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Mark Norville

Ok just ignore that

I have done the work for you, download this file attachment, copy it into your etouch directory.

Unzip the file and it will be a batch file

Just double click that and it will run etouch and clear the settings.

The file is 100% safe, no viruses, and I only format people's PC's that I don't like lol

Regards

Mark

P.S when you get into etouch, make sure you save settings otherwise it will keep hiding the mouse.

ahurle

Ok. I'm using my phone to type so will go to computer and save file.
So do I just save that to the folder which is in Program Files\E-Touch Jukebox 8

Mark Norville

Ok firstly how have you got version 8 if you are a newbie? The current version is 10

Secondly, etouch should never be installed in program files, because it can throw up errors.

I would deinstall and remove from program files and then reinstall it outside of c:\program files

If Barry reads this, just a memo to him, it might be worth having something on the splash screen not to install it into that directory and to run as admin, or indeed put something on the website or forum.

ahurle

I bought the machine recently which had it already installed on it.

Mark Norville

Ok do you have the installation file on the computer, or has it been installed and then removed? If you still have the software then you can reinstall.

If you don't have the software, then you will run into problems every now and again with it being in program files.

Still use the file that I attached just so that you can clear the settings and then start using the mouse again and sort out the skins.

ahurle

Yes, it appears the set up file is sitting on the Desktop.
Should I just reinstall it? Will I need a license key?

Mark Norville

Yes that would be a lot better.

Deinstall etouch

run the set up as administrator
install on c:\ for example, either keep the etouch folder, or I call mine c:\jukebox but up to you what you want to call it

Mark Norville

Have emailed you now, I would remove your email address from the post though, just incase you get spam harvesters take your email addy

I have sent the bat file and also it zipped just incase.

Mark Norville

I just had two emails bounce back from your email addy

Your message wasn't delivered because the destination email system rejected your message for security or policy reasons. For example, the email address might only accept messages from certain senders, or it might not accept certain types of messages, like those larger than a specific size.

Contact the recipient (by phone, for example) and work with them and their email admin to determine what policy or setting blocked your message and what you should do to make sure that future messages from you won't be rejected.

For more information, see Status code 5.7.1.

smtp4.gate.ord1c.rsapps.net gave this error:
Virus found (G4)

Looks like you cannot get files.

However it is very easy to do, follow these steps

1) Create a text file
2) Copy and paste this text - etouch10.exe /i
3) Save file but click other files and call it etouch.bat or something .bat
4) Put into the etouch directory and run

Hopefully you can do this?