Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Config missing artist info

Started by stec37, April 13, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stec37

Hi

I noticed the other day that some of my albums are missing artist info so I ran Tag and Rename to put them in and they were already there as tags. So I ran Config to update them and when it was finished the albums are shown but the artist info is missing. It's just for a handful of albums but is frustrating. I've attached screenshots that show after Config has run the artists are missing but in the window above that you can see that they have been detected by Config.

Any ideas what's happening? My install is in the C drive in its own folder and everything is ran as administrator. I'm using Config 10 but have tried an older version and get the same issue. I'm using Win 10 btw.

Many thanks
Stephen

Mark Norville

Check the clear boxes for a start

I also have ticked

use filename when tag not found
use title for album when tag blank

You might have to generate your library again or just try and update first.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

You have the tick in use album artist. Do you have that field tagged? If you take that tick out they will be listed as various artist due to them being compilation albums.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Had this in the past and as Barry says the album artist tag/field needs to be entered.

In tag and rename for compilation albums make sure that the "part of a compilation" box is ticked in the tag editor. You can check this by looking under the additional tab as per attached.

stec37

Thanks guys!

You are awesome! This is the first time I've needed to post anything because the software does exactly what I need it to do. First ever issue with this and sorted in seconds. Seemed so obvious once you'd pointed out what to try lol.

Thanks so much guys  :D :D :D :beer :beer :beer

Stephen

Barcrest

No worries, glad you sorted it out.  :beer
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...