Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Weird Tagging issue

Started by Labape, April 15, 2017, 08:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Labape

I'm having a weird issue... I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts.  I have a number of songs, that regardless of the tag (I have retagged them all in Tag & Rename) when I generate my DB The config shows the artist as "Various" so of course when I load the Jukebox, they show up in "V" and the Artist is listed as "Various Artists"

What could be causing that?

Mark Norville

Firstly it looks as if they are compilation albums. The screen shot does not show a great deal.

You would need to tick use album name on compilations, so that would show "I listen to crap music" rather than various artists.

I do not use this tagger, I use tagscanner and mp3tag

If I am tagging a compilation album, then I have it so that it matches the following

"I listen to crap music" album

filename 01 - this song is crap.mp3 - Title - this song is crap Artist - Another x factor winner - album artist - various artists album - I listen to crap music track - 01 year - 2300 Genre - Can you really call that music

Apart from that my config picture apart from not having using album on compilations, you need them all ticked.

Hope this helps.

If not I am having an early night, so I am going to try and put my head down, if I can't sleep then I will be back later on, so if you cannot get it sorted, just leave a post, and I will either catch it later, or tomorrow, but someone else might be online later as well, but bank holiday weekend, and I am the only sad git without a life lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Labape

Are you saying I listen to Crap Music?  THANKS.

Actually, I think I have figured it out... these albums that are being listed as "Various Artists" all seem to have a song or two that got some weird phantom characters in their tags.  Don't know how those got generated, but removing them from the song fixes the issue. 

Mark Norville

It was just easier than thinking of a compilation name, you also have strip non alpha numeric characters or something like that in config, you can also tick that as well.

I just needed sleep, so a reply then bed was on the cards, and a nice 8 hour sleep for a change.

Glad you have got it sorted though.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Labape

Yea it was weird for some reason something added a random asian character to a bunch of the tags.  Dont know what it was or where it came from, but once i discovered it, problem solved. :)