Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Random or shufffle problem

Started by sparkie15, April 18, 2017, 07:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkie15

Can anyone help me understand why no images show when i press random or spin on this on v10 skins the album is there but no album art.  The artwork is there on the album page.
Thanks Mark

fatfoot123

I think you need two files in the relevant folder named cover and coversmall

Mark Norville

God not you again, Barry needs to raise his price for all this tech support.

If you find an album that it is happening to, say Madonna True Blue

Go to where you have your folder, make sure you have covers there, to give an example, I have folder.jpg but for some reason, this is nothing to do with eTouch, but that folder.jpg disappears, when I try to rename cover to folder.jpg it says it is already there, do I want to save as (1) I then have to take it out of the Madonna folder, rename it there and then copy back.

Always check the album something is missing from, I had missing artwork for Guns N Roses, I checked and I had no artwork there, which is a cardinal sin.

I then made sure it was there, when I updated library the artwork started to show.

Just to check, have you installed etouch outside of c:\program files and run as administrator?

I will probably ask you next week, but I have senile dementia.

Oh and piles lol

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Mark Norville

Quote from: fatfoot123 on April 18, 2017, 07:50:47 PM
I think you need two files in the relevant folder named cover and coversmall

You can select use first cover found, so you do not need cover or coversmall. If you have for example as I do folder.jpg it will use that, when you use cover or cover small, it takes a while as it is taking folder.jpg, converting it to cover.jpg and coversmall, which takes time.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

sparkie15

Yes it is me again.  But i have sorted the problem.  I had all the artwork in the folders and it did show in the audio selection just not random.  The problem was that my music folder wasn't on the same drive as my etouch software.  So i copied it over to the same ssd as my program and voila.. I knew that the program had to be installed on c but wasn't aware i couldn't store my music on a separate ssd.
Sorted now anyway.
Cheers as usual :D

Mark Norville

Your problems are not over with until I say that they are, which is why you pay for lifetime membership, even though I don't get paid for this.

Ok your problems are over, but I am curious now.

I have my SSD and then storage so your art work should have worked. You just point to the hard drive involved.

On my actual jukebox, I have one SSD and then three hard drives, one for albums, music videos and then singles.

The SSD is for operating system and contains jukebox software, but apart from that, I have no issues going to random, unless I have no cover in that folder.

Regards

Mark (Who is bloody going to sleep soon, so hurry up if you have another problem lol ;)

sparkie15

Ha Ha.  No more problems all good now. Moved a few buttons around and added a background image to one of the skins i liked and i'm good to go now..
So now i'm off to bed.
No doubt as i look further into things more problems will arise and i will nag u all again
Thanks

Barcrest

The Media doesn't have to be on the same drive as E-Touch, however it seem that you had some sort of permissions problem.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...