Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Chrome Remote Desktop

Started by fatfoot123, May 01, 2017, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatfoot123

Just tried this Remote Desktop to access my juke via iPad and iPhone works great for song selection remotely saving visit to the juke to use but also the juke can be accessed as normal - had no issues and was easy to setup,only need to allow access from which device you choose the once not setup each time.
Anyone else tried it
Cheers fatfoot

Barcrest

I do that using splash top, it's free for personal use but only works over your local network. Fine for remoting into the tablet though.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Cary_B

Which remote software? I use SplashTop also. But it has limitations.

fatfoot123

I did try splashtop but could not get my head round it, it's called chrome Remote Desktop. Install Chrome browser then add on Remote Desktop,allow access from the juke to the device you want to allow access for that's pretty much it - quite smooth when you have multi room screens like I do
Ta fatfoot

Gaucho

My choice after trying a few has been teamviewer. Tried Splash Top but didn't like it for some reason, been so long I can't remember why.

Risim

Teamviewer is the best for this.  SplashTop uses too much cpu.

Mark Norville

Are you guys talking about this https://www.teamviewer.com/en/ ?

If so bloody how expensive?

Ah scratch that, just seen it is free for home use and subscription for business.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Bryand

Quote from: Cary_B on May 01, 2017, 05:29:42 PM
Which remote software? i would try the hydromax x30 SplashTop also. But it has limitations.

What's a good paid solution?

Mark Norville

Quote from: Bryand on May 02, 2017, 06:18:24 AM
Quote from: Cary_B on May 01, 2017, 05:29:42 PM
Which remote software? I use SplashTop also. But it has limitations.

What's a good paid solution?

I will scam you top

Just pay me £100 for my brilliant software, only £100 a day to you.
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Barcrest

Never had any issues running splash top on the juke or the tablet or my phone. I might look at Team viewer.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

Gaucho

Maybe that's why I like Team Viewer over Splash Top, because I can access the Juke from anywhere.

fatfoot123

Many options then which is good does anyone have any screenshots from their tablet or iPhone as I've found with chrome Remote Desktop you can easily adjust the jukebox screen and even have the video split screen - not sure what capabilities the others have but free is good
Ta fatfoot

Norman Marshall

Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Risim

I find it way faster than splahtop.

Mark Norville

What about Windows Remote Access? It is free and already installed on Windows, just to throw another one into the mix.