Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Chrome Remote Desktop

Started by fatfoot123, May 01, 2017, 01:54:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barcrest

Quote from: Mark Norville on May 03, 2017, 10:21:31 PM
What about Windows Remote Access? It is free and already installed on Windows, just to throw another one into the mix.

No... Just no... It's rubbish for this kind of thing.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...

fatfoot123

What app do you install on say iPad / iPhone for access ?

Barcrest

Quote from: fatfoot123 on May 04, 2017, 09:34:38 PM
What app do you install on say iPad / iPhone for access ?

I used splashtop, the free version. You can't access over the internet with that but it worked locally. It seems like Teamviewer might be your best free option based on what people have posted. I have still not tried it myself.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Ive used team viewer over a WAN and I'm sure it lags a massive amount,  but ive never used it on a LAN,  Can you get both team viewer and splash top for android?
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

You can get splashtop for android as that is what i used on my S4 to control the pub jukebox. The free version only works locally though not over the internet but it worked well.

Jukebox Stats...

Risim

Teamviewer works on android and ios.  you can also use it over different network for free.  Dont know what else you want for FREE.

Norman Marshall

just tried splashtop on me laptop and tab..... worked spot on, gonna buy me a new tab now and network it to me jukebox, didn't know it was possible to network android to windows.
Dear God, Please bring back Bob Marley, In return you can have Justin Bieber. Amen

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on May 07, 2017, 04:51:41 PM
just tried splashtop on me laptop and tab..... worked spot on, gonna buy me a new tab now and network it to me jukebox, didn't know it was possible to network android to windows.

I just used my phone in the bar that was my test location. It's a shame that place has gone I really miss it.

Jukebox Stats...

Norman Marshall

Quote from: Barcrest on May 08, 2017, 07:57:26 AM

I just used my phone in the bar that was my test location. It's a shame that place has gone I really miss it.

hope you got your software back before the jukebox went

Barcrest

Quote from: GlennCarnell on May 12, 2017, 09:21:25 PM
Quote from: Barcrest on May 08, 2017, 07:57:26 AM

hope you got your software back before the jukebox went

Sold off the hardware with the jukebox installed.

Jukebox Stats...

Johnyfroes

I tried Chrome, was easiest, but I cant use keyboards control in the app, like N for skip songs or U for volume up, it won't do keystrokes. Windows remote desktop is great, but, for me it's a pain to set up.

Risim

use the player pop up menu instead :beer