News:

Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

Other Albums (Show More) Text Not Showing (Track List Page)

Started by berrywell, May 21, 2017, 08:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berrywell

I've been messing around with the skin tool again and for some reason I can no longer get the text to show for the 'Show More By: Genre/Artist/Year' section on the track list page, the cover artwork show up fine.

The crazy thing is, when I go back to my older skins & the TouchGenie by Coffee, these skins show the text exactly as they should. It just only happens now with any new skins that I create and I can't figure this one out. I've checked the tracklist_v2.ini and the text and colour is all there, it's saving to this as well, I've compared it with my other skins that work and the ini appears to be fine, yet for some reason, when loaded into the main Jukebox app, it just won't display the text.

I am using the very latest skin tool software with Windows 7.

Is this just my end or is anyone else suffering this same problem? It's just that i have an idea for a new skin (planning stage at the moment) and the 'show more' section is something I really would like to incorporate.

Bw

Mark Norville

I have no problems my end, but I am using a different version of skin tool. It is usually in a yellow font to start with I think.

If you can see it in skin tool, make sure the font is not the same as your background colour, try changing the font colour to see if it brings it up.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

Hi Mark,

Thanks for replying.

Just to clarify, I don't mean the actual writing where it says 'More By Artist' that is displayed initially in Yellow, I'm talking about the album name & artist text that is displayed next to the cover art work in that section. The text 'More By : Artist etc.' shows up fine.
That's my mistake for not making that clear, sorry about that.

Mark Norville

Again no problem my end with my version, has a newer version been released since your last skin or do you not normally use it.

A bug I found was that if you only have one or two other albums it buggers up, so you need at least four I think it is.

I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

berrywell

The skin tool I'm using is 10.0.1

I've select 4 albums to be used & I've just tried upping it to 7, just in case what you said was causing the problem my end, but to no avail, still can't get them to display.

I just can't work out why this has started happening :(

Mark Norville

Have you got the older version if not i can send that

berrywell

I managed to find out an older version 10.0.0 and this still does the same thing.

Stupid thing is, when I import the tracklist_v2.ini from another skin, it works absolutely fine, even when I save it. I'm puzzled at the moment.

Mark Norville

I presume you have used other albums on skintool adjust that figure to 1 then go up

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on May 21, 2017, 04:49:57 PM
I presume you have used other albums on skintool adjust that figure to 1 then go up

Yeah, I've tried using all the available amounts but all to no avail.

I've given up now after spending most of today trying to sort it out, I've just copied a working .ini file over from an older skin and altered that instead. It looks like that's going to my way forward for the time being.

berrywell

I've just tried installing the skin tool (& Juke app) on a different computer, which hadn't had either installed on it before. (Windows 7 PC)

Created a brand new skin and the same problem exists on this install as the existing, the writing still does not show up.

Mark Norville

It is working for me. I created a new skin and selected 4 other albums.

If you look in the top left hand corner, you will see that it has similar artists, keep moving those down, and you should see the artist names for those four other albums.

I did try to do a video, but my video recorder is not working for some reason.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Quote from: Mark Norville on May 22, 2017, 09:45:41 AM
It is working for me. I created a new skin and selected 4 other albums.

If you look in the top left hand corner, you will see that it has similar artists, keep moving those down, and you should see the artist names for those four other albums.

Hey Mark,
Thanks for taking the time to reply & help me out, much appreciated :)

Yeah, I moved all those similar artist tabs out of the way (kept them visible though), then moved the other albums tabs to several different places on screen, changed the text font, size & colour but all to no avail.
I just have no idea what I am doing wrong, it used to work fine but it just won't work for me any more, I now have to do what I said yesterday, grab an old working tracklist ini file and alter that to get it to work.
I really thought a new install on a new machine would have fixed it.

Mark Norville

I notice that it was 10.1.3 but went upto 10.1.4 maybe it is a bug in 10.1.4 always frustrating to come up with things like this. I started a skin which should have taken less than a week really as all the graphics was done, apart from minor ones and spent god knows how long trying to mess with fonts, getting them level having to use a lower sized font to give more information, but then it throws out the whole look of the skin.

So really you are back to square one, when the skin you wanted, just doesn't look like the plan, so bashing heads against a brick wall.

Still long holiday now and working on arcade cabinet instead which is a pleasure as can see instant results and no messing around.

Regards

Mark

Mark Norville

I think that I might have solved your problem, as I just had the same problem my mistake

In skin tool

file controls/settings

Make sure that you have show album names on quick jump ticked, it is at the very bottom

Also make sure that you do not have hide quick jump in admin menu as well.

Regards

Mark

berrywell

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this suggestion, I shall attempt to try it out later, assuming I get some spare time to myself.