Current Full E-Touch Version: 10.2.0
Current Demo E-Touch Version: 10.0.0
Current Beta: 10.2.1 Beta 22 (09/02/23)

Main Menu

need some computer help?

Started by Basho, June 08, 2017, 10:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basho

What would be the best hardware to run this program I tried an old laptop with a dual core and 1gb of memory, The online search does not work with this setup. then I tried an i3 with 4gb of memory and as long as I turn off the background programs it runs fine. So im trying to figure out the best setup for cost. Is this program more memory intense or cpu, im thinking memory based on the problems with the search.

Mark Norville

On my office/skinning PC I am running a pentium D or something like that, with 4 gigs of ram, I am running on a SSD hard drive. So you can run this on a low spec machine, I have an i3 and i5 and they are all fine, but then I have 8 gigs in one, I cannot remember the other off the top of my head.

What operating system are you using that is the main thing?

It is gone midnight here now, so leave a message, and shall get back to you sometime later on today, or at least someone might be on during the night time, whom might answer you as well.

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Basho

On the dual core I tried XP 32 bit windows 7 32 bit. On the i3 windows 8.1.

Mark Norville

On the XP computer, was it a fresh install of the operating system, or did you have stuff on there?

As for the I3 that would run it as long as you have min of 4 gigs ram I would say, and maybe a cheap graphics card just for luck.

I would use Windows 7 though and a fresh install.

This is my office computer, as you can see it is not much and it runs ok

Operating System
   Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
   Intel Pentium D 945
   Presler 65nm Technology
RAM
   4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
   Hewlett-Packard 09F8h (XU1 PROCESSOR)   54 °C
Graphics
   S24C300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
   1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (EVGA)   57 °C
Storage
   223GB SanDisk SDSSDA240G ATA Device (SSD)   37 °C
   1397GB Seagate ST31500541AS ATA Device (SATA)   26 °C
Optical Drives
   DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
   High Definition Audio Device

Regards

Mark
I am now retired from the jukebox scene. I still visit from time to time and will help if I can, but apart from that. I am no longer a slave to downloading and tagging.

Basho

Quote from: Mark Norville on June 09, 2017, 05:12:09 AM
On the XP computer, was it a fresh install of the operating system, or did you have stuff on there?

Fresh even used a program to rebuild the disk to knock it down to the bare minimal needs.

As for the I3 that would run it as long as you have min of 4 gigs ram I would say, and maybe a cheap graphics card just for luck.
It does as long as I kill all background processes. Which is kinda odd. But that PC is ear marked for my arcade build.

I would use Windows 7 though and a fresh install.

It was fresh on the dual core but sounds like I need more memory for the online search to run.

This is my office computer, as you can see it is not much and it runs ok

Operating System
   Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
   Intel Pentium D 945
   Presler 65nm Technology
RAM
   4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
   Hewlett-Packard 09F8h (XU1 PROCESSOR)   54 °C
Graphics
   S24C300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
   1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (EVGA)   57 °C
Storage
   223GB SanDisk SDSSDA240G ATA Device (SSD)   37 °C
   1397GB Seagate ST31500541AS ATA Device (SATA)   26 °C
Optical Drives
   DiscSoft Virtual SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
   High Definition Audio Device

Regards

Mark

Thanks for the help as always mark. I think I might try some part swapping today and see if I can get something I'm happy with. Might try running it with the systems page open. To see what's needed.

Mark Norville

Are you using a SSD for your main hard drive? If you are not then I would recommend getting one, it does speed up a slow computer.

When I brought this office computer, it sounded as if a hurricane was inside of it, it had two HDD's 120 gig and onboard graphics.

I swapped the operating system HDD for SDD and a cheap graphics card, and although it is not perfect, but it has made a difference, and sounds a lot quieter and runs a lot faster as well.

You need to remember that HDD drives wear down after a few years, even when you format them, they are still on their last legs. If you had installed on top of a hard drive that already had stuff on, then you might have viruses and malware on it as well, which will slow it down.

£50 spend maybe £30 for an SSD and £20 for a cheap graphics card.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GPNZE4W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 SSD
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X610+graphics+card.TRS0&_nkw=610+graphics+card&_sacat=0

You can find some bargains but that was a quick search on 610 graphics card.

Regards

Mark

Basho

The i3 is SSD the dual was a thumb drive. then a SSD. I got a old "cough" beast I will try today I can't remember the hardware off hand but it should work fine.

Barcrest

It certainly doesn't need a hi spec machine but the minimum os I would use is windows 7 if you are connecting it to the internet or it will get infected.
Keep on Rocking in the Free World \m/ ;D\m/

Jukebox Stats...